TRUE Cost Of The Wall Street Bailout - 12.8 Trillion Dollars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I totally agree that no company should be bailed out, especially overseas companies, this is being spun as a class warfare attack.

1) Do not forget that the automakers bailout was part of this and most of that was to insure the unions did not loose their cushy retirement packages. While non-union workers got shafted.
2) Much of those loan guarantees were never used.
3) Most of the American banks have paid the loans they did take back with interest.
4) Funny how this comes out the same time they say they sold the Chrysler stock 6 years early at only a 1.3 billion cost to the taxpayer. (and called it a good deal)

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I totally agree that no company should be bailed out, especially overseas companies, this is being spun as a class warfare attack.

1) Do not forget that the automakers bailout was part of this and most of that was to insure the unions did not loose their cushy retirement packages. While non-union workers got shafted.
2) Much of those loan guarantees were never used.
3) Most of the American banks have paid the loans they did take back with interest.
4) Funny how this comes out the same time they say they sold the Chrysler stock 6 years early at only a 1.3 billion cost to the taxpayer. (and called it a good deal)
Seriously?

16 Trillion dollars in obligations that benefited the richest people all over the world and you're pissed about 1.3 billion on the chrysler bailout that benefited hourly wage workers in America?

And when did the federal reserve become authorized to obligate American taxpayers to cover losses of banks in foreign countries?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously?

16 Trillion dollars in obligations that benefited the richest people all over the world and you're pissed about 1.3 billion on the chrysler bailout that benefited hourly wage workers in America?

And when did the federal reserve become authorized to obligate American taxpayers to cover losses of banks in foreign countries?

Read the first line of my post closely and you will see I agreed about the foreign banks, or bailing out any company really. As for when it happened, when the dumb butts in congress wrote the rules for the bailout.

Now read the rest of my post, I am not pissed about 1.3 billion helping hourly workers. Much more was spent to insure the unions kept their retirement. The 1.3 billion was wasted by unloading the Chrysler stock 6 years early. It basically amounted to a 1.3 billion giveaway to the Italian car maker that owns Chrysler. (Fiat I believe) Yet the admin called it a good deal.

As for the Fed giving money to foreign countries, you might also want to look into the billions the EPA and other government agencies are handing out to other countries with no oversight.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the first line of my post closely and you will see I agreed about the foreign banks, or bailing out any company really. As for when it happened, when the dumb butts in congress wrote the rules for the bailout.

Now read the rest of my post, I am not pissed about 1.3 billion helping hourly workers. Much more was spent to insure the unions kept their retirement. The 1.3 billion was wasted by unloading the Chrysler stock 6 years early. It basically amounted to a 1.3 billion giveaway to the Italian car maker that owns Chrysler. (Fiat I believe) Yet the admin called it a good deal.

As for the Fed giving money to foreign countries, you might also want to look into the billions the EPA and other government agencies are handing out to other countries with no oversight.

Mindless POOP flinging again I see.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm the one they accused of poop flinging and changing the subject. And then you drag the EPA in to a thread about the the federal reserve bailing out foreign banks. :scratch:

Read JB sig line. As for the EPA, just another part of our government giving away money to foreign interest without authorization from anyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom