TSA is a joke...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I just got back from Hawaii and had a funny little bit about the TSA experience. Don't get me wrong, all the TSA "agents" were polite and respectful, but at no moment did I ever feel like they could defend themselves let alone everyone there. As I looked around at all the "agents" at DFW, the youngest was maybe late 40s/ early 50s and of the few young agents I doubt any of them were less than 200 lbs.(fat I mean, not 200 lbs in shape). It was like this at every airport I went to. Security?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are screeners, it's not their job to "defend everyone there" except in the broader sense of providing a deterrent to the smuggling of weapons (which is a entirely seperate discussion).

They aren't intended to be a physical, direct action, security force....that's why they aren't armed, and there are airport/city police around.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Virgin Islands two weeks ago. Got the complete deal here in Tulsa, but leaving St. Thomas, we walked through a metal detector - no "sniffers", no body scanners, no pat downs. A few quick questions at customs about bringing anything back that needed declared, through the metal detector, and then onto the aircraft. And much to my surprise, with that quick formality of only a metal detector (and removing our shoes), no one tried to blow up the plane, or light their skivvies on fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom