Tulsa man shoots intruder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good on the homeowner! A**hat got off easy if you ask me. Especially the two that were standing outside. Maybe now they'll realize the consequences of their actions.

Yeah, and come back PO'ed and better armed. It would suck big time if that's what happens next, especially since it was those kids who brought it upon themselves.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say good shot!! Have you ever tried to shoot at a moving target, especially after they hear the first shot. I am betting theren't aren't many here that can hit a moving target, much less at night, maybe with a light on, maybe not, through a dark window. I am pretty impressed with his shooting! These silohuettes are not standing still waiting to get shot at.

article said it was 11:40 am pretty light at my house at that time

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say good shot!! Have you ever tried to shoot at a moving target, especially after they hear the first shot. I am betting theren't aren't many here that can hit a moving target, much less at night, maybe with a light on, maybe not, through a dark window. I am pretty impressed with his shooting! These silohuettes are not standing still waiting to get shot at.

Well gillman does someone climbing through a window effect your accuracy that much? im not saying im a hot shot but if someone is climbing through a window and I fire multiple rounds they are going to get more from me than a shot to the hip especially if its just the length of a bedroom between us.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
article said it was 11:40 am pretty light at my house at that time

Yup, saw 11:40, assumed it was PM?

Well gillman does someone climbing through a window effect your accuracy that much? im not saying im a hot shot but if someone is climbing through a window and I fire multiple rounds they are going to get more from me than a shot to the hip especially if its just the length of a bedroom between us.

LOL, really Annie Oakley? Yup, fire a round off, and see how fast they move. Life is not a video game my friend. You might try hunting with a pistol and see how well you fare on a moving target.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is a VERY difficult shot in real life.

If you envision what you see as a teenager starts coming through a bedroom window, you'll see a target area somewhere on the order of about 12-15 inches wide and maybe 4-6 inches high at best if he is completely square.

If you are referring to center of mass against a target like that i.e. no glancing shots that skid off the rounding of the skull or the meat of the back, you have a legitimate target area of about 3 to 4 inches.

For reference an IDPA target has a COM of 8 inches from edge to edge and there are plenty of erstwhile ccw holders missing with no threat of injury.

As a general rule, those recommending better marksmanship in these cases probably haven't a clue what a threat looks like over the sights and probably shouldn't be critical unless they really have some concrete knowledge of the incident.

Michael Brown

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a VERY difficult shot in real life.

If you envision what you see as a teenager starts coming through a bedroom window, you'll see a target area somewhere on the order of about 12-15 inches wide and maybe 4-6 inches high at best if he is completely square.

If you are referring to center of mass against a target like that i.e. no glancing shots that skid off the rounding of the skull or the meat of the back, you have a legitimate target area of about 3 to 4 inches.

For reference an IDPA target has a COM of 8 inches from edge to edge and there are plenty of erstwhile ccw holders missing with no threat of injury.

As a general rule, those recommending better marksmanship in these cases probably haven't a clue what a threat looks like over the sights and probably shouldn't be critical unless they really have some concrete knowledge of the incident.

Michael Brown

Keep your logic, reason, and years of experience out of this. We mall ninjas and theater operators are talking about real life stuff here. That said I would have shot him with my 300 RUM 12 times in the heart muscle before his buddies could flinch from the sound of the first gunshot. Deal with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom