Tulsa Raceway park shutting down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when this current owner first bought the track, I was really excited to see what was going to happen to it. They had plans to make a really nice facility.....But nothing ever materialized.

.....This really upsets me...

So is the nearest track to Tulsa now Thunder Valley?

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner is a D-Bag who was only in it for the money. I have raced there for years and was also excited at first when he bought it, but realized quickly that he was a moron. We have known for years that he would sell it, but we all figured it would sell to someone who would operate it.
With that being said, I have heard that APAC cannot mine the land for 10 years. There is someone in talks with them to try and lease it and keep it running.
The track in Siloam Springs is dead in the water and will not happen.
There are other people trying to put something together, but it takes tons of cash.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The owner is a D-Bag who was only in it for the money. I have raced there for years and was also excited at first when he bought it, but realized quickly that he was a moron. We have known for years that he would sell it, but we all figured it would sell to someone who would operate it.
With that being said, I have heard that APAC cannot mine the land for 10 years. There is someone in talks with them to try and lease it and keep it running.
The track in Siloam Springs is dead in the water and will not happen.
There are other people trying to put something together, but it takes tons of cash.
Very true, everytime I have spoken with Dan about the track all he worried about was money. No worrying about if the racers, and fans were happy or not. Just profit. I understand that it is a business and all businesses need to make money, but this is a race track, you'll never make millions off of it unless it's nascar or a big time NHRA track. Which funny enough they finally get NHRA approval and start running bad ass nitro meth cars and the moron sells the place...

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very true, everytime I have spoken with Dan about the track all he worried about was money. No worrying about if the racers, and fans were happy or not. Just profit. I understand that it is a business and all businesses need to make money, but this is a race track, you'll never make millions off of it unless it's nascar or a big time NHRA track. Which funny enough they finally get NHRA approval and start running bad ass nitro meth cars and the moron sells the place...

Not true,you obviously don't know what you're talking about.Dan spent almost $1,000,000 rebuilding the track.The decision to sell was not an easy one.He kept it alive for 8 years.If he hadn't bought it in 2003,Bo would have sold it to someone who would have developed it into comercial property.I have been racing and spectating there since it first opened as Tulsa International Raceway in,iirc,1966.We used to have the NHRA World Finals there.The latest rumor going around is the rock quarry that bought it will be unable to use it for 10 years and there is a possibility they will be interested in leasing it until then.We will see.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not true,you obviously don't know what you're talking about.Dan spent almost $1,000,000 rebuilding the track.The decision to sell was not an easy one.He kept it alive for 8 years.If he hadn't bought it in 2003,Bo would have sold it to someone who would have developed it into comercial property.I have been racing and spectating there since it first opened as Tulsa International Raceway in,iirc,1966.We used to have the NHRA World Finals there.The latest rumor going around is the rock quarry that bought it will be unable to use it for 10 years and there is a possibility they will be interested in leasing it until then.We will see.

Really? I don't know what I'm talking about? He told me to my face he didn't care when the midnights started because they weren't a money maker. Thats all I needed to hear out of his mouth to know he couldn't give a crap less about the racers. I don't know how many times I bought a tech card at 10 PM and wasn't able to race until well after midnight because they don't know how to schedule an event.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redmax51 is close to right, if new owners can find someone to lease to it will stay open for awhile, let's hope someone has the money to keep it open for a few years.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Really? I don't know what I'm talking about? He told me to my face he didn't care when the midnights started because they weren't a money maker. Thats all I needed to hear out of his mouth to know he couldn't give a crap less about the racers. I don't know how many times I bought a tech card at 10 PM and wasn't able to race until well after midnight because they don't know how to schedule an event.

My statement stands,he didn't invest a million dollars to win friends.Like I said,if he hadn't bought it it would have been gone years ago.Starting late wasn't a scheduling problem.Between oil downs,my only real complaint,and large bracket car turnouts with 1st round buyback,starting late was inevitable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom