TX trip last night

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Headed a few miles west last night to hunt with some buddies in TX, had a decent night of calling. First stand, started with some female howls on Foxpro and Coyote Creek howler, partner had one down in 3.5 minutes...then we had 2 more show up on Pup 3 after the shot, I missed one of them...3rd stand, called one in on distress of some sort, same guy shot it after I missed it (seeing a pattern here?)...stand 4 or 5, pulled a big coon up to 150 yards, nothing else showed so I popped it...

Couple stands later, set up where they were getting some nice cat pics on trailcam, and think we have 2 cats about 150 out, so I call real lightly for 15 minutes, until the dang deer stand up LOL...figure I'll give it a quick try with some real calling, do a couple of howls, and have a coyote show up in the trees, but no shot...kick Pup distress on to try to get it back, and pull a cat out to edge of trees, about the time they're about to pull the trigger on the cat, a coyote comes screaming in 10 yards in front of the truck, so they get it shot on the run after 3 shots...sitting there wondering how much crazier this stand will get, when another bobcat comes out and the guy that hasn't shot anything yet gets it shot! Not sure how many coyotes, bobcats and other stuff was out there on this stand, definitely craziest stand I've had in a while!
IMG_20180325_092840_689.jpg
IMG_20180324_214459_832.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom