Tyler Mfg / Tomahawk Grips feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting and doing a little business with Mr. Melvin Tyler on a few occasions back when he was still with us and had his little shop up on Britton road ( I think it was there...) I had several really nice sets of grips from him, and several T's as well. That little Model 49 looks stunning with the one you put on it by the way. I am anxious to see it with the stag's next.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already received the stag grips from Patrick Grashorn yesterday (2 day turnaround). Can't say enough about how great doing business with Pat and Rose was. Pat is absolutely a top notch artisan and seems to be an even better person. I'll probably start another thread on the grips, but below are a few pics of his handiwork. Photos taken in artificial light honestly do no justice to the grips so I'll have to take a few more outdoors. The color variations in the bark are absolutely gorgeous and compliment the bronze adapter really well. The last photo was just taken under a desk lamp with my cell phone, but is a little more representative of the color of the bronze adapter and stags. Fit is great and actually much better with the Tyler grip than it was with the original magnas.

HhlRLQVh.jpg

I6hZvPNh.jpg

xgPjCXjh.jpg

WKgXbvLh.jpg

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to raise a four and a half year old thread from the dead but a fellow AR15.com life member has been ghosted by this company and is trying to get additional information so he can get his grip adapter or $46 back.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to raise a four and a half year old thread from the dead but a fellow AR15.com life member has been ghosted by this company and is trying to get additional information so he can get his grip adapter or $46 back.

Have him call the sheriff or PD, pretty sure they did or do have an open case against him. I personally wouldn’t deal with Tyler unless I was just feeling lucky and wanted to gamble with 46 dollars based on what I’ve heard over the years.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have him call the sheriff or PD, pretty sure they did or do have an open case against him. I personally wouldn’t deal with Tyler unless I was just feeling lucky and wanted to gamble with 46 dollars based on what I’ve heard over the years.
No PD. Newalla is unincorporated. I gave him the postmaster's name and number. He can close the PO box if criminal activity is suspected. I also gave him the OCSO # but for $46 I don't think they'll give much of a darn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom