U.S. House Passes NRA-backed National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Legislation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news! wonder if the Senate leader(s) will allow a vote on this...or perhaps they have more "pressing business" to attend to, like spending our money and raising our taxes.

Hopefully, they don't.

It would be just another vote showing that they believe that the Constitution is meaningless.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still thinking there's some hidden legislation in there.

It's in there and right out there for all to see, and [size=+1]IT HAS BEGUN.[/size]

I warned y'all about how HR 822 is a mechanism to open the door to, and then expand, Feral(Federal) control over Concealed Carry, and add who-knows-what.

Excerpted from NRA-ILA Alert Dated 11/18/11 said:
On Tuesday November 16, the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism held a hearing on Sen. Charles Schumer’s (D-N.Y.) S. 436. Dubbed by anti-gunners the “Fix Gun Checks Act,” rather than “fix” the current National Instant Criminal Background Check System, the legislation would eliminate private sales and gun shows as we know them and expand the range of persons prohibited from owning firearms. (Emphasis added by me.)

Here is a link to it: NRA-ILA Alert Dated 11/18/11

The list of prohibited persons is part and parcel of HR 822, and here we have Chucky Shumer anxious and ready to go with an expansion of that list of prohibited persons, and HR 822 isn't even law yet! (Sounds like Chucky suffers from premature ejacu - oops, Freudian slip - premature legislation.

Woody

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully, they don't.

It would be just another vote showing that they believe that the Constitution is meaningless.
I disagree. any legislation that removes unnecessary red tape from lawful carry is a good thing. Right now, lawful ccwers have to spend a lot of time figuring out laws of other states if they are travelling, not to mention applying for multiple permits to ensure reciprocity in all states (think Florida & Utah).
anyway, not likely this will be brought up for vote in the Reid senate in an election year.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. any legislation that removes unnecessary red tape from lawful carry is a good thing. Right now, lawful ccwers have to spend a lot of time figuring out laws of other states if they are travelling, not to mention applying for multiple permits to ensure reciprocity in all states (think Florida & Utah).

Applause for total disregard of the Constitution when convenient. At least Dan Boren, Tom Cole, James Lankford, Frank Lucas, and John Sullivan agree with you.

anyway, not likely this will be brought up for vote in the Reid senate in an election year.

It's NRA-backed, remember? And the NRA loves Harry Reid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom