Unanimous Vote: Senate Passes Legislation to Ban TikTok from U.S. Government Devices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience with TicTok has been good. I dont know how many conservatives and gun rights people i have for friends, buts its a bunch! Also lots of guitars LOL but it seems to direct people that fit your group or hobbies well. If one anti 2A or 1A person says something about Republicans they will be called out by 50K people in a few days. Seems like most the bots and trolls are pretty well gone or in groups they can repeat each other over and over about Maga people are bad. Gettr is pretty straight up 2A people gathered together in thousands and support one another and get truthful facts about things up. Instagram keeps me shadow banned or in jail 50% of the time for nothing. I guess they dont like my man/testosterone/woman loving pro nouns. Nothing spies on us and sells the info worse than Google or Microsoft. Governments friend but not the normal mans friend. One thing we all know is the fact that we are getting tracked and everything we say is looked at by someone else.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience with TicTok has been good. I dont know how many conservatives and gun rights people i have for friends, buts its a bunch! Also lots of guitars LOL but it seems to direct people that fit your group or hobbies well. If one anti 2A or 1A person says something about Republicans they will be called out by 50K people in a few days. Seems like most the bots and trolls are pretty well gone or in groups they can repeat each other over and over about Maga people are bad. Gettr is pretty straight up 2A people gathered together in thousands and support one another and get truthful facts about things up. Instagram keeps me shadow banned or in jail 50% of the time for nothing. I guess they dont like my man/testosterone/woman loving pro nouns. Nothing spies on us and sells the info worse than Google or Microsoft. Governments friend but not the normal mans friend. One thing we all know is the fact that we are getting tracked and everything we say is looked at by someone else.
The issue isn't the users, it is how expansive the access policy is when you agree to the EULA. You give it permission to access any other devices using your network which is really crazy to me. I have two isolated networks in our home and if the kids want any of those apps, they have to be on the network isolated from our work devices, computers, and backup HDD.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that anything is secure or private online, but straight up owned by the Chinese seems on another level for me.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue isn't the users, it is how expansive the access policy is when you agree to the EULA. You give it permission to access any other devices using your network which is really crazy to me. I have two isolated networks in our home and if the kids want any of those apps, they have to be on the network isolated from our work devices, computers, and backup HDD.

This is also one of the reasons I have never purchased a DJI product . Chinese owned companies love to collect user data from cellular devices and there's not much you can really do about it

HoJoe1977

Marksman
Reaction score
I love TikTok. Doesn’t matter to me if Chinese own it or Zuckerberg or Musk or Apple or android…we are well paste privacy online.

And I get to watch idiots do idiotic stuff all day.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love TikTok. Doesn’t matter to me if Chinese own it or Zuckerberg or Musk or Apple or android…we are well paste privacy online.

And I get to watch idiots do idiotic stuff all day.
It isnt my concern of my online privacy, it is giving them permission to actively log into any other devices connected to my network without any additional consent necessary. That is a creepy amount of access inside our home where we do have quite a few smart appliances, some of which have cameras installed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom