U.S. Revolver Co. Any info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a pistol at a garage sale. The owner did not know what it was. He said it had been around forever.
Looks to be a 32 cal. The only markings on the gun. "U.S. Revolver Co. Made in U.S.A."
Does anyone know anything about these. Do you think it is safe to shoot?
Thanks for any help.
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about them but there are a few on Gunbroker. The cylinder is pretty short so if it's a 32 it is probably the 32 S&W as opposed to the 32 S&W Long. If it's a 38 I'm almost positive it is a 38 S&W as opposed to the 38 SPL. The cylinder is way to short for that anyway. If it locks up tight, both in cylinder rotation and the barrel-to-frame latch, it should be ok to run. You can still get 32 S&W and 38 S&W cartridges and they are loaded light so they can be ran in old break-tops just like yours. The cartridges can be a little tough to find and pricy. You can always reload for them.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know a great deal about them but there are a few on Gunbroker. The cylinder is pretty short so if it's a 32 it is probably the 32 S&W as opposed to the 32 S&W Long. If it's a 38 I'm almost positive it is a 38 S&W as opposed to the 38 SPL. The cylinder is way to short for that anyway. If it locks up tight, both in cylinder rotation and the barrel-to-frame latch, it should be ok to run. You can still get 32 S&W and 38 S&W cartridges and they are loaded light so they can be ran in old break-tops just like yours. The cartridges can be a little tough to find and pricy. You can always reload for them.

I don't know if I will try to shoot it. I just thought it was a cool looking old gun. Everything works. Its just hard for me to turn down a cheap gun.I might make good trading material someday.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were closer, I'd say bring it by and we can go over it, but like BB said, I would NOT shoot it without having somebody look it over.

Does the cylinder lock up tight? Does it line up centered?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were closer, I'd say bring it by and we can go over it, but like BB said, I would NOT shoot it without having somebody look it over.

Does the cylinder lock up tight? Does it line up centered?

It does line up centered. It does not lock up real tight. I don't think I will shoot it. I only had to give $25 for it. It is worth that to me just to play with.
Do you have any ideal of how old it may be?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$25! I'd say if nothing else, you've got yourself a nice wall hanger! :)

I am not a big revolver guy, so I cannot get you an age one it, but I bet some of these guys like LDPD (I always mess his name up) or AK would have an idea.

I'll do some Googlefu and see what I can find.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'd run, I almost guarantee it. I have an old S&W I frame in .32 S&WL built around 1907 and it you saw it you'd probably decide against firing it. But I do! It shaves a little lead at times but is otherwise fine.

I'd run it! .32 is one of my favorite calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom