U.S. Supreme Court justices hear Hobby Lobby arguments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Terry that is exactly what they want. Single payer is their end game and they have at least two SCOTUS justices pushing it. HL could pay $2000 per employee if they choose to drop coverage altogether, or they can pay $36,000 per employee if they provide coverage that doesn't comply. This isn't even codified, it just the regulations that were pulled out of their a$$. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where they are going.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe discrimination is the wrong word.

What we will have is "you will be punished financially for your beliefs, but that's okay you can still have them. Just as long as you pay". I'm thinking that this is just unconstitutional as hell. :anyone:
That's what the .gov told Ali when he filed as a conscientious objector.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe discrimination is the wrong word.

What we will have is "you will be punished financially for your beliefs, but that's okay you can still have them. Just as long as you pay". I'm thinking that this is just unconstitutional as hell. :anyone:

No argument there. I am by no means sold on the ACA either, but it appears unilateral at least. I think a business should be able to opt out, personally. But it's not exactly discrimination.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't really about religions opting out, it's whether a corporation can have religious views in the same way a person does. Especially for-profit businesses

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think it's horseshi+ that either side should win. HL has an ulterior motive and the Govt does as well. Both sides dont give a turd about who has to pay. This is just an ongoing fight of Roe v. Wade.

I still contend it's not anybody business if my Dr. prescribes a medication, no matter if it's portrayed as a contraceptive or as a menstrual cycle regulater. It's all hype and the SCOTUS has no business even hearing this case. I'd toss it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom