Uncle Ted, Grandaddy of Gonzo, Whackmaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw something last night, I had never seen before at a Ted Concert. About halfway through the concert, a 20 something kid ran from the side of the stage halfway across, and dove spread eagle into the crowd.:ooh2:The crowd moved away and he fell face first on the ground, looked like it knocked him out:rotflmao:

There is nothing like hearing Stranglehold and Hey Baby with Derek St Holmes on vocals, and Ted on guitar. Derek can still rock!

The stage was set up with the American flag as the backdrop, 16 Les Pauls hanging off the speakers, his bow, and AR 15s all over the stage.

Yes, his encore was Great White Buffalo when he shot his guitar, freakin' awesome!! He did Fred Bear, which I had not heard him do in concert before, so that was cool. I really wanted him to do KLSTRPHK, but that was the only one he didn't do that I wanted to see. All in all another Gonzo caliber show. I would love to be able to move like that when I am his age, but then again, he is ageless!!

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also whenever I hear "Gonzo" my first thought is this, not the Nuge:

ai.imgur.com_A4c7W.jpg

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there!! Front & center for Boland & Nugent. As always, an awesome show!! Guess I am getting old, I was one of the folks with earplugs!! I love his music, and I like it loud, but not to the point that my ears ring for 3 days. I learned my lesson years ago when I saw Nuge shoot Sadam Housein with an arrow at the Cain's ballroom...I believe that was 2003. My left ear still rings from his Stranglehold solo. Loved it!!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there!! Front & center for Boland & Nugent. As always, an awesome show!! Guess I am getting old, I was one of the folks with earplugs!! I love his music, and I like it loud, but not to the point that my ears ring for 3 days. I learned my lesson years ago when I saw Nuge shoot Sadam Housein with an arrow at the Cain's ballroom...I believe that was 2003. My left ear still rings from his Stranglehold solo. Loved it!!

Did you get to catch the Mike McClure band? Three piece band out of OK, and they were really good!! As a matter of fact, I am looking for a CD for them. Not sure if they have one out right now, but worth a listen. They did one Springsteen cover, and the rest of their set were original songs.

Boland was good, had that Red Dirt sound, fiddle played was cool. Love hearing a good fiddler!!

Did you see the kid jump off the stage? How close were you to him? We were about 40 feet from the stage and watched to security carry him off. Watching the fans was a hoot! Everything from 20 something girls in next to nothing, to 50 year old gals in leather halter tops that tucked their boobs in their belts......:D

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get to catch the Mike McClure band? Three piece band out of OK, and they were really good!! As a matter of fact, I am looking for a CD for them. Not sure if they have one out right now, but worth a listen. They did one Springsteen cover, and the rest of their set were original songs.

Boland was good, had that Red Dirt sound, fiddle played was cool. Love hearing a good fiddler!!

Did you see the kid jump off the stage? How close were you to him? We were about 40 feet from the stage and watched to security carry him off. Watching the fans was a hoot! Everything from 20 something girls in next to nothing, to 50 year old gals in leather halter tops that tucked their boobs in their belts......:D

I missed Mike McClure...but know him and have heard him sing many times in the past. He used to be lead singer for The Great Divide. I grew up in Stillwater and was close friends with them (Great Divide & Boland) at the time. I was inside waiting on my steak dinner for 2 hours, otherwise, I would have been there for Mike McClure. :)

I was just maybe 15' from the point of impact of the wannabe crowd surfer. Idiot. My group was front and center.....maybe 10' from the front of the crowd/fence. Had a great time other than the long drive home afterwards. Yes, there was quite a mix of folks in attendance. I wish Boland could/would have played longer...but I know Nugent was the main attraction for last night. I watch them every time they play in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom