Uncle Ted, Grandaddy of Gonzo, Whackmaster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
I wish I could watch a reaction shot of the guy finding out that his real father is fscking Ted fscking Nugent.

Who knows how many illegitimate children Ted has. That would be a hard thing to tell your kid. "See the guy swinging in on a vine wearing a loincloth? Yeah, the guy with the coyote tail sewn to his jeans. Yes, the guy who rode a buffalo on stage and screamed he had you in a stranglehold and was going to crush your fawking face. Well you see, in the 70's mommy was a...mommy was a...never mind. Your real dad is dead."

Another one of my favorite Ted-isms is when he breaks into the main riff from Johnny B. Goode in the middle of Stormtroopin'. "You can't call yourself a guitar player unless you know every Chuck Berry riff by heart."

3:36 in this video

Ted has dabbled with crappy buttrock off and on again since his heyday, but he gave us so much he literally can do no wrong in my eyes. Also greatness: Ted Nugent explains fat people to Anthony Bourdain.

Last edited by a moderator:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ears are still ringing......

It was without a doubt the loudest outdoor concert I have ever been to. Had to laugh, when people started holding their ears, and then left half way through.

Shot his guitar with a flaming arrow, finale was his entire band with combat helmets on raising the American flag like Iwo Jima while his guitar sat on stage with an arrow through it.

Last time I saw him at Cains, he was a 3 man band. This time Derek was with him, great show!!!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ears are still ringing......

It was without a doubt the loudest outdoor concert I have ever been to. Had to laugh, when people started holding their ears, and then left half way through.

Shot his guitar with a flaming arrow, finale was his entire band with combat helmets on raising the American flag like Iwo Jima while his guitar sat on stage with an arrow through it.

Last time I saw him at Cains, he was a 3 man band. This time Derek was with him, great show!!!

Sweet. Derek is great rhythm guitar player and pretty much completed the Nugent band. I'm glad to see he's back.

Lawl at the people holding their ears. Hearing damage is part of a hard rock show. Can you imagine how bad Ted deafened himself in the 70's when he would set up his stacks to angle inwards and stand in the middle with no hearing protection? Says he is nearly deaf in one ear from it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did he play Great White Buffalo? The last time I saw him here he did, but St. James wasn't with him and he was just one guitar. It's just not the same, though he did have Barry Sparks on base and that's almost as good as a second lead and a rhythm g-man. The time before that he didn't play GWB at all! :faint:
IMO Ted just has to play GWB when he's in Oklahoma! Had I known Derek was gonna be with him I'd have went! :hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom