Underground tornado shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the $2,500 tax credit that Senator Inhofe is pushing for on these passes it would be a no-brainer to pull the trigger on these things. Will definitely be getting one!

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody shopped these out at the fair? I've heard they run specials out there. I'm going on Sat. to check them out, just wondering if anybody saw a deal to point me towards.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the $2,500 tax credit that Senator Inhofe is pushing for on these passes it would be a no-brainer to pull the trigger on these things. Will definitely be getting one!

I've heard they're working on that but that it would be based on location & then distributed in a lottery fashion so I don't know if that's worth waiting around on.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard they're working on that but that it would be based on location & then distributed in a lottery fashion so I don't know if that's worth waiting around on.

NEWS RELEASE…

Beginning today, Norman residents can apply for a rebate of 75 percent of total cost of safe room installation up to $2,500. The application process will be available for 30 days or until 1,000 applications are received, whichever comes first.

The Norman Office of Emergency Management recently was approved for hazard mitigation funding through the State of Oklahoma Hazard Mitigation Program to assist the Norman residents in paying for residential safe rooms.

There are several considerations citizens must understand in order to be successful at receiving a rebate. The Norman Office of Emergency Management will host community question-and-answer sessions at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the auditorium of the Moore-Norman Technology Center at 4701 12th Ave. NW. Seating in the auditorium is limited, so registration is advisable.

For more information see the Transcript article: http://normantranscript.com/headlines/x43731162/Safe-room-rebates-available

Application: http://www.normanok.gov/print/content/safe-room-rebate-program-application

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Midwest City is doing the same...they've already solicited applications and notified the 'winners'. It's all contigent to receipt of FEMA/State OEM funds and the selected homeowners can't engage in a contract with a shelter company until they are notified that funds have been received. We were told that would occur sometime in the first quarter of 2012.

Latest posts

Top Bottom