Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don’t think they’re getting more sneaky about it? I know for a long time, an unmarked car still stood out largely due to the spotlight mounted on the A pillar, and the black rims and tires with no white lettering. It seems though these days TPD is going out of the way to make their unmarked cars even more inconspicuous.
BA is going out of their way to make some of their marked cars more inconspicuous. I've seen several where the BAPD markings were barely distinguishable from the car's paint color. IIRC, their Tesla is sporting those "ghost graphics."

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another different line, how many of you have noticed red and blue lights installed on nonpolice/fire vehicles visible from the front? I saw a tree trimming truck with an amber and a red LED strobe in OKC the other day and at night I see street sweepers with both reds and blues.

To me, it cheapens the state law designating emergency vehicles.
I first saw it on road construction contractor trucks. I think it's a huge mistake to allow non-emergency vehicles to use them.

The other day I was heading south on Main in Sapulpa when a wrecker running red and blue flashers pulled up to a stop sign to turn onto Main. I was in the left lane and lady in the right lane actually came to a stop when she saw the flashers.

Fortunately, the guy driving the wrecker figured out that he should turn the lights off before pulling onto the highway...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a simple solution to this is for us to be able to mark out our personal vehicles to appear to be LEO vehicles. And no, that’s not impersonating an officer. I will be in civilian attire. The car will definitely be impersonating a cop car though 😬
There are wannabe cops that actually do that.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a simple solution to this is for us to be able to mark out our personal vehicles to appear to be LEO vehicles. And no, that’s not impersonating an officer. I will be in civilian attire. The car will definitely be impersonating a cop car though 😬
When I was a small town cop, I was authorized to purchase and use a Motorola Radio with our freqs, a Federal siren and speaker mounted in front of the radiator and a red Kojack light I recently sold to another member here. These were for my personal vehicle in case I was called out which was quite frequently.

I never patrolled with my car, a light yellowish white 1975 Ford LTD. I did perform stakeout duties and assisted with roadblocks and traffic accidents. I sold the radio and siren to another new officer when I quit and went to work for a larger department.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 70's, I had heard the Comanche County Sheriff paid stipends to deputies to paint their personal vehicles black and white and their monthly usage plus mileage. When they quit, they paid for another paint job back to the original color.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BA is going out of their way to make some of their marked cars more inconspicuous. I've seen several where the BAPD markings were barely distinguishable from the car's paint color. IIRC, their Tesla is sporting those "ghost graphics."
It's not just BA. I'm seeing lots of those, mostly black cars with flat black markings.

"Road pirates".

Latest posts

Top Bottom