UnSafe Gun Safes - Is This True???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the keypad Gunvault versions. I only saw where one like it was compromised by a kid pushing the buttons in order. They are easy to push and that's why I make sure my son can't see the order in which I push them. This is still very concerning however. The ones where you drop it then the handle easily turns are very concerning. Any kid could and probably would figure that out just by randomly playing with it.

M

mikem1262

Looks like they are all worthless.... Luckily I don't have small kids in the house so its not a concern for us. Might be better off with a heavy gauge steel box and a master lock or something.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched a few of the videos. I don't see a 3 year old figuring out nor having the strength to do most of that crap. Besides the best thing you can do is teach them gunsafety. That and any of thses "safes" should prevent anything.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting video.

As for what gun-safe to buy, I recommend you consider what you want it for - and who you're protecting it from.
For me, my bed-side gun-safe requirements:
I am not concerned about 'prepared' thefts. (i.e. He had a crow-bar and cutting torch.)
I am not concerned about protecting from house fires.
I wanted a gun-safe to protect my firearms from curious little fingers.

I have a GunVault brand (GV1000 series) and I'm VERY happy with the quality and reliability of the safe.
DO NOT buy the 'Boyt/secure-Vault' brand of gun-safes - they are absolute dangerous garbage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom