UnSafe Gun Safes - Is This True???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you are doing a good job.

Yea, He's pretty large for a 3.5 year old. not fat just big. and very active. I joke that his mommas family comes from the land of giants. I don't let him have toy guns ( guns are not toys in my home). the times he has seen and we have interacted with firearms together have been very controlled. He's just not there yet mentally to really understand what its all about. That said. I don't worry because I stay on top of it.

The Fas1Safe is neat because of the way it presents the firearm and that it is quite a bit more secure then the other similar products on the market. Bad side is that they want twice as much $. The one I'm building has the same lock and is made from 1/4 instead of 3/16

Post up progress or finished pics when you get a chance.

The size of kids surprises me sometimes but my son is in the bottom 5th percentile in size, daughter is down there too. He is probably in the 95th percentile when it comes to toughness though lol. 3 is young for them to get all of it, but I did start teaching them not to touch, etc, and adding to it as they got older. Shooting skills need a lot of work, but the safety aspect they have down pat at this point. just start with the basics, dont touch, etc, then start adding to it that they can with permission, safe directions, etc, and they'll know it before their alphabet.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty obvious.

And sure the kid in the video was coached but still the lifting and dropping one end of the one "safe" renders it useless. That is exactly something a curious kid would do. Pick up on one end, drop it, try the handle again. Oh lookie, now it's open. And there was another "safe" that he was just using something like a screwdriver and poking it into the holes on the top and it pops the lid open. I'm sure he was coached as to what holes to put the screwdriver in and in what order but again, a curious kid could easily do that by chance.

We can all agree the kid was coached. As bigfug said "the ones that were "dropped" are the type that are screwed down for security, IE no cable. "
as far as the safe that he was just using something like a screwdriver and poking it into the holes on the top and it pops the lid open.
there is a bezel that has the buttons on it, its actually screwed in place but on the video the dad had taken the screws out and you see his hand take the bezel off for the kid.
again in my opinion most of these safes work for what they are intended to. are they going to stop someone who breaks into your house while your on vacation? No but thats not the intended use. If you install these safe the correct way (bolted to your floor or wall) there is no chance a child will be able to get them open.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's hope that everyone who buys one of these safes bolts them down as recommended.

I guess detective Owens' safe was not bolted down properly or his son Ryan would still be with his family.

Still, you have to wonder how much it would cost to redesign the lock so it doesn't spring free when bounced?
Consumers have been trained to not expect much from the products they buy.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's hope that everyone who buys one of these safes bolts them down as recommended.

Still, you have to wonder how much it would cost to redesign the lock so it doesn't spring free when bounced?
Consumers have been trained to not expect much from the products they buy.

Consumers have been trained to not expect much from the products they buy because manufacturers use sub par/cheap parts to cut down on cost and increase there profits.
I think they should redesign the locking mech and I don't think it would cost that much more. I just don't hold onto a whole lot of hope that this will happen anytime soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom