Unusual cup liner in 9mm brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been reloading 9mm for about 15 years now. I pretty much strictly use military brass. Since the run on supplies started I have had to start using some shooting range brass to handle my 9mm needs. I just picked some up from a buddy... my daughter was sorting it for me. She brought me a case that had a different headstamp than what she is used to seeing. It also has some kind of "cup" down in the bottom of the case. The cup does have a flash hole in it. The cup appears to go halfway up the case. I was looking for some information on this case. Especially someone who has reloaded it several times.
Does it resize properly with this "cup"
I'm assuming the weak point in the brass is not down by the head stamp where the brass "travel's" after being shot.. but now by where this "cup" ends??

The head stamp just says. ammo load 9mm luger.

any info would be appreciated...

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The top of the headstamp says ammoload all one word on one half of the case.. the other half just says 9mm luger

Here's a link to another post in another forum... from someone else trying to get the same answer I'm trying to get. He didn't get any real answer's either... maybe our group here is a little smarter than his group... there are also some pretty decent PICTURES of both the inside of the case with this "cup" in it and a pic of the headstamp...

http://www.afte.org/forum/smf1/index.php?topic=8733.0

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
farm9.staticflickr.com_8213_8371382713_b9bfcca8ac_c.jpg

farm9.staticflickr.com_8356_8371382675_3dfc3446c9_c.jpg

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep that's them... I have about 80 cases... any info about them... are they safe to reload.. will they size down properly... and what is the purpose of them having this extra liner...???

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They belong to a friend, he's wanting them reloaded.. if I chuck them... and I'm sure I will.... I will have to replace them for him. Of course he's going to want to know what was the problem with his brass. I would like to tell him something more than "I'm not real familiar with it and I would prefer not to reload something I'm not sure about" I'd kinda like to know the answers. But if know one knows anything about this particular brass.. then fine... I'll toss them and go on.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's really interesting. I'd like to have some of those to look at them closer. Maybe a google or an email to the manufacturer would have some answers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom