Updated Velvet Pics.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_ICAM0025_Copy.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_ICAM0014_Copy3.jpg

checked cam today that i put on some bonedmonium, and got a bunch of pics of this guy, hes kinda unique..

im gonna have a tough time passing him up with a bow.. unless something bigger shows up..

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_ICAM0025_Copy.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_ICAM0014_Copy3.jpg

checked cam today that i put on some bonedmonium, and got a bunch of pics of this guy, hes kinda unique..

im gonna have a tough time passing him up with a bow.. unless something bigger shows up..

Great looking buck!!

I know a lot of guys talk about passing up on deer, but the problem is bucks have a large home range. If you don't drop him someone else will. IMHO, it only makes sense to do QDMA stuff if all the surrounding properties agree to the same rules. Otherwise, you're passing up bucks that other hunters are going to shoot regardless of the rack.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Come on.. some more guys have to have trail cameras going by now. It's only 60 something days until open archery.

I'm waiting until the corn harvest around here. I can pick up a couple of tons of corn for the price of a couple hundred pounds of corn at walmart.
Have a couple dozen open top drums with lids in the barn to keep it in.
Right now, the deer are gorging on the soybean crop, with corn and milo getting ripe next month. Pretty good tasting venison around here.:thumbup3:

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm waiting until the corn harvest around here. I can pick up a couple of tons of corn for the price of a couple hundred pounds of corn at walmart.
Have a couple dozen open top drums with lids in the barn to keep it in.
Right now, the deer are gorging on the soybean crop, with corn and milo getting ripe next month. Pretty good tasting venison around here.:thumbup3:

The camera that took the picture of the buck I posted is on the back side of some beans, its facing some CRP type grass they love to bed in .. this is just a low spot on the way to the field that they use to get to it..

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great looking buck!!

I know a lot of guys talk about passing up on deer, but the problem is bucks have a large home range. If you don't drop him someone else will. IMHO, it only makes sense to do QDMA stuff if all the surrounding properties agree to the same rules. Otherwise, you're passing up bucks that other hunters are going to shoot regardless of the rack.

I agree with you tampa.. I know one guy that hunted the place to the south last season, and he would shoot this guy in a heartbeat.. Im anxious to see how much more antler growth he can get in about a months time.. I think they are about done.. I'm gonna get him addicted to the bonedmonium so I can monitor him daily.. If he's 20 yards I'll prolly smoke him.. He'd be the second best bow buck to date for me, and I really like the point that comes off of his left base.. Id bet by november that point will be broken off..

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trying to get some new pics for you guys this year went out last weekend and checked the cameras seemed like all bad luck. First camera had 4 pics on it due to some dead cheap batteries, 2nd camera the chip was not inserted all the way, and the 3rd camera's sd card bad!!! ut al bad luck but no worries all new chips were put in and brand new batteries in all the cameras i bought four more cameras last week just got them in and will be placing them out this weekend with two more feeders. hopefully we can get some nice pics as i know we have a very large buck roaming the area i saw him on cam last year had a nice drop i hope he is in the 200" class this year. Will post pics when i get them this comming weekend.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are a couple of bucks we got on the cams this week. The first one has some pretty cool junk on his head. The second one has a nice base and should be a great buck if he makes it a year or two more. Unfortunatly we don't have land in an area that we can manage for the future, and we had 3 deer that we know of poached off our land last year. So, if either of these guys makes the mistake of walking under my stand during bow season, it's lights out.

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_JunkBuck.jpg

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_6Point.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom