Upset - Someone had broken into my trailer ..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getsum

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,
Went to my place yesterday to work on the fence up by the gate/road...

Got the fence redone - was excited...
Gonna go home and spend the evening with the wife.
To go out and celebrate her B-day...

As I was leaving I went to check out the trailer that I have there and see how it had held up to the rain/snow/whatever that had recently come by.

As I go around to the door I notice.............

The little 12x21 inch tempered glass window in the door is smashed out and the trim around the window is broken a little.
I go up, see nothing is done to the screen door behind it so - no entry was made.
The door has 2 RV regular locks. They were not opened/unlocked so that kept them out.
I open the door, all of my stuff "which is nothing" is there.

(YOU KNOW --- If they really wanted in - There are 2 BIG 2ftx3ft windows right next to it, and 2 on the other side.)

Crazy part was ---
I did not go to look at the trailer till NOON , sat. I had been at the trailer - but on the other side since like 9:00 that morning.
When I went ti to check it out and see if there was any water damage - NOTHING..
The carpet was not wet - nothing....
So I am guessing it might have been done friday night.
The area had gotten a ton of rain since I had gotten a bunch at my place the last few days.

Guessing they were just trying to see if they could get in, but not really gonna put that much effort into it.

So I call around, find out I have to drive to Paris, Tx to get some lexan to put it the window since no place with glass is open around there or in Hugo.

After the 50 miles there and back I get it all in, caulked up, taken care of and head home...

A little bummed, not upset really - just kind of sad that people don't respect others stuff.

Luckily I had my new infared game cameras with me ......
I Stategically placed SOME OF MY GAME CAMERAS just in case someone comes around again- soooo.
If anyone comes around - I will have them.

Just a bummer.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not uncommon. I know several people with trailers on remote land in the eastern part of the state, and they experienced break-ins like you did. One of them even found his trailer burned to the ground :mad:

Sucks it happened to you. Can you restrict access to your property? At least make them hike in from the road - might discourage a few.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's not uncommon. I know several people with trailers on remote land in the eastern part of the state, and they experienced break-ins like you did. One of them even found his trailer burned to the ground :mad:

Sucks it happened to you. Can you restrict access to your property? At least make them hike in from the road - might discourage a few.

If you are not there all the time, it is bound to happen. A lot of sorry suckers running around looking for an easy buck to buy their drugs. They broke into my daughter's car a few years ago and did several hundred dollars in damage for a $20 cd/radio. I would almost say leave it unlocked so they don't damage everything trying to get in. Good luck and sorry it happened to you.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was down that way Friday morning and it was raining pretty hard.. don't know when it stopped because it was still raining at 3 when i left.

i really hate people that steal.... i wish i could go back in time and live in oklahoma before meth took over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom