US Airways to take over AA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Too early to tell and too many factors weigh on the decision.
I believe at this point only 3, possibly 4, of the 9 creditors are in favor. If more creditors favor the take over, then the judge could possibly be swayed to possibly allow some or all of the proposed takeover pending approval by all or more creditors and the bankruptcy court.
As far as jobs, we are hearing that US Air is wanting to bring their heavy maintenance back to the US after several problems they have been experiencing with other acft maint vendors.
That doesn't mean we will have a job.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At this time, I'm being told that AA has filed a motion to be able to continue and try come up with a workable solution with the Unions and creditors, effectively blocking any pursuit from any takover or merger from outside.
This injuction/motion ends sometime in September.

I personally think that all of a sudden USAir says, we don't have a problem with maintenance and we want to keep that part of it and replace management, has caused AA management to rethink their position once their heads were on the chopping block. More to come.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They reported that AA wants the court to void the union contracts. After what they pulled when they renegotiated the contract last time, then awarded huge executive bonuses, I doubt they'll get the union to just roll over & play dead. If I were the court, I'd tell them they could do that IF, they fired the top 20% of management immediately with no severance packages. It's obvious that AA management is incapable of righting the ship. Time for them to go no matter what.

Latest posts

Top Bottom