US Military Class suspended for views on Islam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is lucky that she is in America. They are not even alowed to drive let alone get an edjucation in most parts over there. Not all but most. She would probably be stoned for living like this if she was to ever go back over there.

Now, when you say "over there", which country are you referring too. I've spent quite a bit of time in Iraq and Afghanistan and met multiple women, "over there" who live like her and weren't being stoned. And this was away from US bases where everyone pretends to get along.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live 3 houses down from a Muslim family. I buy my gasoline from a Muslim family. I have no concern that they are gonna come for me in the night. I don't think they had anything to do with any terrorism, nor do I think they ever will.

Do I think there are Muslims who would slit my throat in a New York minute if they got the chance? Yes! However, I believe the odds of a Muslim attacking me out of his religious beliefs are less than the odds of me being the target of a home invasion. That is what I've prepared for and if I'm wrong, and it's a Muslim terrorist who bashes in my door, the result will be the same.

Our society, if we hold to it's truths, require that I be able to differentiate between the two to the extent possible. That is clearly not easy, especially since I really believe there are many sleepers out there, waiting for instructions. When, and if, those sleepers act, is when our society and principles will be tested. Will I still feel the same way about my neighbors?

By the way, I make no distinction between terrorist attacks against military or civilian targets. In both instances, Americans are killed by the same people.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree to an extent, but again, the line isn't clear. Was attacking the pentagon a military target or an attack on civilians on 9/11? It used a plane full of non-military people, but it also targeted a military command and control center. More importantly, 9/11 was about symbolic targets of US power, leadership, military and economic.

Terrorists, usually by the size of their force, are hesitant to take on military targets heads on. The fear created by the attacks is often as big a weapon as the terrorists have and soft targets are easier then hard targets.

I think 'terrorist' as a label is overused. I also think defining large groups as 'terrorists' is difficult because of the problems with defining the term as we've mentioned. A terrorist isn't usually defined by checking off boxes on a checklist, but more often a matter of perspective and worldview and doesn't always work as a cut and dry activity.

There's a difference between guerrilla warfare and terrorism, but we've blurred the line in the past decade. The 9/11 attack on the pentagon was absolutely an act of terrorism. It was completely indiscriminate in type of casualties, if not intentionally chosen to attack both military and non-military alike. Almost all of the attacks on our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan are guerrilla warfare. Some of those combatants would have otherwise never attacked an American, had they not been on foreign soil.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom