Use perfect multi gym on mobile home door frame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm in the process of trying to get in better shape so I bought the perfect multi gym (door frame mount pull up bar essentially, the no drill version) and am curious if y'all may have used one or have an opinion as to whether they would be safe to use On a trailer home door frame? I spend a lot of time in one for work which is when it would become very handy...but I'm right around 210 lbs and not sure whether a trailer door frame would support me, what says you OSA?

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should be ok. I bought one last week. I use it in the closet of my stick built house just fine. As long as you have a 2x4 framed door you should be good to go. Just give it a shot with your feet able to land if it does fail, which it most likely won't lol

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are designed to work as a lever. You technically aren't applying pressure to the casing as much as the studs that frame out the door. As you hang from it you are applying horizontal pressure on the frame and not vertical pressure. I would not suggest doing kipping pullups, but slow controlled dead hang pullups should be fine.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Golds gym version and use it about 4 times a week. I have sharp edges on my door frame and they quickly ate away the foam padding. I cut a wash cloth in half and wrap each one around each side as to prevent marking up my door frame. Other than that it works really well. Make sure you have the straps as doing dead leg lifts is the best ab excersice I know of. Mine says it's good for up to 250 lbs. but that seems like a lot of weight for one of these.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can confidently say that my Perfect Pullup with the straps held my 250# fatness with no issues, and I didn't tear up/mar anything on our doorframe, although it's not a trailer house, just a 50-60 year old HUD/FHA house.

Also like stated above, using the straps is an awesome ab workout, and probably one of the easiest I've ever done in my entire life. 30mins a day could easily do you a lot of good, just don't do like I did and push that too much. I liked it so much I was doing it 2 or 3 times an evening for 10 or 15 "crunches" when I just started out. Wasn't bad until I cooked a dinner that bloated me and set off a vicious night of abdominal spasms.

After I figured out I didn't have food poisoning since that was the first night I had cooked for myself in a long time, I realized how holy **** the perfect pullup was. I also scared myself a little and haven't used it much since. . .

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I will give it a shot when I get out to the rig next, and I agree, this thing is awesome, in addition to my regular workout I leave the bar up in the frame and every time I walk under it I do 2-4 various pullups and normally stick around for another set or two, and I like being able to do the dips to so I can better isolate my triceps, and I think I am going to get the straps, I can get them for only 10 bucks in shipping since buying the multi gym...

livingtabitha

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I will give it a shot when I get out to the rig next, and I agree, this thing is awesome, in addition to my regular workout I leave the bar up in the frame and every time I walk under it I do 2-4 various pullups and normally stick around for another set or two, and I like being able to do the dips to so I can better isolate my triceps, and I think I am going to get the straps, I can get them for only 10 bucks in shipping since buying the multi gym...
So were you ever successful adding a bar to a manufactured house door frame?

Latest posts

Top Bottom