USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it, they were supposed to hold that package or deliver it to the neighbors. Maybe if he spent less time talking about grandkids he could deliver more mail on time. I’m sure you’ll find more to complain about soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why the sore ass when people have a complaint about your now former employer? I get it you are a fan boy, congrats.

I do not recall insulting you, unless you fell that a complaint against the usps is a personal attack. Seems a lot of folks, not just on this board but across the nation, have had a lot of bad experiences with the usps, and not just at the busy holiday season.

As for the carrier I have now he is by far the best I have had in my 22 years of living here.

Have a nice day.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Why the sore ass when people have a complaint about your now former employer? I get it you are a fan boy, congrats.

I do not recall insulting you, unless you fell that a complaint against the usps is a personal attack. Seems a lot of folks, not just on this board but across the nation, have had a lot of bad experiences with the usps, and not just at the busy holiday season.

As for the carrier I have now he is by far the best I have had in my 22 years of living here.

Have a nice day.

I spent 32 years there and most employees do a great job. Someone who doesn’t have a clue how it works and cheaps out on the postage when they order something but wants to whine about it during the busiest time of year tends to piss me off. I agree they are struggling this year and there are some with legitimate complaints. Every time someone posts something on one of these threads the “me too” whiners pile on. I’ve tried to help a lot of people who PM me complaints and have helped resolve quite a few. Maybe I do take it too personal. I’ll let you guys complain among yourselves from here on out. It would be interesting to see how some of the complainers do carrying mail on a day like today.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d suggest a fresh young pony and saddle up yourself. [emoji23] I’m hearing the new ads will be “when it absolutely, positively, has to be there ...someday”. Tom Hanks is going to be the new PMG.
That's ok. They're gonna hire Wilson as his assistant...
:drunk2:
t0_gstatic_com_images_9fab2a2bf478d48acac3ca255e8c7b93._.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent 32 years there and most employees do a great job. Someone who doesn’t have a clue how it works and cheaps out on the postage when they order something but wants to whine about it during the busiest time of year tends to piss me off. I agree they are struggling this year and there are some with legitimate complaints. Every time someone posts something on one of these threads the “me too” whiners pile on. I’ve tried to help a lot of people who PM me complaints and have helped resolve quite a few. Maybe I do take it too personal. I’ll let you guys complain among yourselves from here on out. It would be interesting to see how some of the complainers do carrying mail on a day like today.

well I am of those folks who don’t cheap out on postage I can assure you. I have always used priority or next day. With amazon prime I pay the membership for expedited shipping as one of the perks. Ever pay for a service and continually watch it not be fulfilled? I don’t expect perfection but I do expect results. Today was a rarity in my personal experience with the usps. Glad it worked out today. Actually more surprised than anything.
I don’t recall saying everyone at the usps is bad. I am sure there’s a lot of great folks doing what they can. It’s like that anywhere. But imo the system is flawed and needs to corrected.
When vendors that I order thru post a notice asking you to choose any carrier but the usps there a problem.
The usps of today is not the one of my childhood where mail ran twice a day. I remember well those days.

no doubt you have tried to answer a lot of questions and I am sure it’s appreciated.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
well I am of those folks who don’t cheap out on postage I can assure you. I have always used priority or next day. With amazon prime I pay the membership for expedited shipping as one of the perks. Ever pay for a service and continually watch it not be fulfilled? I don’t expect perfection but I do expect results. Today was a rarity in my personal experience with the usps. Glad it worked out today. Actually more surprised than anything.
I don’t recall saying everyone at the usps is bad. I am sure there’s a lot of great folks doing what they can. It’s like that anywhere. But imo the system is flawed and needs to corrected.
When vendors that I order thru post a notice asking you to choose any carrier but the usps there a problem.
The usps of today is not the one of my childhood where mail ran twice a day. I remember well those days.

no doubt you have tried to answer a lot of questions and I am sure it’s appreciated.

How would you correct it?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know of any outfits that do an outstanding job of delivering packages, that might be interesting to hear.......My impression is that every company is increasingly messed up. I think delivery and handling people are being pushed to the max. I'd hate to be working in any package delivery company.

Case in point - We've gotten several signature required deliveries recently while I was at home. They never ring the doorbell.....just leave the notice to pick it up at the Post Office. I assume they are so rushed for time they have to do it this way to satisfy the supervisor. I imagine it is the same for people loading trucks in the middle of the night - throw the stuff into the truck as fast as possible...no time to double check that it is right.

From my perspective they are tripping over their shoelaces because some efficiency expert or computer program is always looking for ways to speed things up.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'd like to know how I can cheap out on the postage.
They charge what they charge

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to know how I can cheap out on the postage.
They charge what they charge

Couple of ways. One you order something from a company and choose the cheapest way for them to send it. Often it’s free and then gripe about not getting it in 2 days. The other is a recent example here. You go to the post office with something weighing less than 12 ounces. The clerk asks if you would like to upgrade to Priority Mail and you say no just send it regular first class. Then you complain and even state here you paid to upgrade the service. Not you specifically, just 2 examples. As I showed yesterday, USPS is in a backlogged situation. I never saw that in 32 years running 2 different plants, 5 different post offices, and operations for the entire state. I agree that a person paying the postage should expect it to be delivered on time based on the service commitment of the product purchased. I’m tracking a couple now that haven’t moved for several days. I’m sure COVID absences and record online shipping are tough but it’s still pretty pathetic to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom