USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Don't quote my but I think it's Primary Arms that does this.
When you go to check out, USPS is the cheapest shipping option but they actually discourage you from using it, something about lack of tracking IIRC.

Yep, everyone wants free or cheap shipping and expects it in 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
This covid has everything messed up in the shipping world. Our rural carrier has to make two to three trips back to the Post Office to load up the back of here full size pickup bed and back seat with boxes.
It's just something we will have to deal with for awhile.

She wouldn’t be driving an open bed pickup if I was her Postmaster. Please tell me she has a cover on it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a package yesterday that UPS email said was delivered, but I couldn't find it. I was going to drive down the street and see if I could spot it on a neighbor's porch, after I checked the mail. It was in the mail box. Email was from UPS, and had a UPS label on it so I don't know if it was one of those deals where UPS handed it off the USPS for final delivery, or UPS left it in the mail box. I don't think they're supposed to do that, and haven't before...

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I can only imagine working at USPS or any other delivery company this year with COVID and record online ordering. Employees are allowed to call in more leniently and the system is overwhelmed with packages. I’ve got a FedEx package containing a Play Station PS5 coming today. Shows it left Hutchins, TX at 3:03 am in the tracking. I’ll leave the porch light on but I’m not betting on it getting here today. Neither rain, nor snow.....oh wait, that’s USPS. A little secret, it’s nobody these days. Tomorrow will be the busiest delivery day of the year for packages and weather certainly won’t help. I hope I’m surprised.

Wow. I’m impressed, FedEx just delivered it on time and to the right house.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, everyone wants free or cheap shipping and expects it in 2 days.

Maybe its my luck...but stuff from Fedex, UPS and Amazon is showing up reasonably quick. They say 2 day, it takes 3 or 4...ok whatever.

USPS thought? Still selling you an upcharged service and calling it 2 day...and taking 2 weeks to deliver is unacceptable. I've got an outgoing package that was last scanned on the 5th and an incoming one that was last scanned on the 7th...both sent USPS 2 Day Priority.

Latest posts

Top Bottom