Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I go to Branson every chance we get.
only a few hours of driving
Lots of shows to choose from
lots of shopping
great views of the ozarks.
Caves
Silver Dollar City
Fishing
Boating
2 winery distributers that do wine tasting (lots of it)
Resorts and cheap hotels Pick what you need.
and there is a free gun range in the national park just a few miles north of branson.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manitou Springs, Colorado -- Beautiful weather right and great day trips to totally different places every day. There is Pike's Peak, The Royal Gorge, Garden of the Gods and the Seven Falls. I absolutely love it there.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Memphis sucks, we enjoyed Nashville a whole lot more. San Antonio is where we wound up going in 2008 when Gustav shut down New Orleans, we had a great time. If you go to Nashville you aren't to far from the Kentucky border and can catch the distillery tours there.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brother I'm with you on the flying part...hate it!!! I have found that(no joke) good vodka...Grey Goose, Stoli, or your favorite does help. It also doen't leave a hang over or headache...trust me..I drink ALOT before I get on the plane to Vegas. By the time we're there, I'm good to go.

Galveston...I use to live there for a few years...West End/Pirates Beach. Galveston is okay, not my kind of tourist town....there are better places and beaches in South Texas.

As for New Mexico, that's where I'd go right now with the storm. Sante Fe has the food, museums, and the mountains. Go on up to Durango and ride the train, then over to Cortez and see Mesa Verde ruins. I also use to live and run around that area....4 corners...Yatehey!!!

New Mexico!!

Cohiba

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knoxville TN is actually pretty cool, more specifically Seivereville. Lots of cool places to shop, right in the Smokey Mountains, and about a day away. Plus you are close to All kinds of history in West Virginia. I took the fam there for Spring break last year. As far a s Sevierville, it is basically the Branson of the south, they have dollywood and some really good places to eat.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
or the Alamo and river walk. Stay at the mengar hotel where Teddy R. set up base to recruit the rough-riders. It's right by the Alamo. That whole area is a history buffs dream! Plus good eats and of course shopping for her...

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just drove to denver and back last week, it was for business but downton Denver is pretty cool, they have a really nice open air mall or you could keep on driving and go to the mountains.
Its a pretty easy trip just go north on I35 and Turn left at Salina :-D

Latest posts

Top Bottom