Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
On this one I’m familiar enough to “know I know not” but hopefully you guys are. Sometimes these sporters can be worth quite a bit depending on who did the work and a Lyman aperture sight can be worth $750 on its own. (If that’s what it has).
Most of those guys would rebarrel, new triggers, great stock work, etc...not keep the stepped military barrel and chip out the wood for the rear sight. It's looks like an old Win 70 stock. If this wasn't a home job, then it was probably some local guy who did it for a couple cases of beer or something.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought it for 300.
You’re a very ignorant person.
$300 seems fair from the pics shown. I have seen & saved a bunch of Bubba sporters in my time. Back when milsurp were cheap and plentiful. While the job done on that was not great from what I could see, it could be fixed up to be a nice hunting rifle if the bore is good. It would be worth a whole lot more if they had left it full dress military but the condition it is in now I would improve the sporter job. Buy a good stock for it, etc. Personally I love the old conversions if done well. Make sure you have the headspace checked.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@JEVapa doesn’t really know what he’s talking about. If I were trying to be fair, I would probably rate it slightly under this one on gunbroker. If I were trying not to screw him over I would say $4k is a fair price. If you’re trying to screw him over and make a quick buck, $2k. Post more pics when you get it and let us know how it goes!

View attachment 414334

Also, thank you for fighting for my freedom soldier.

Sorry, but this is wrong. The rifle in the OP has no collector value.

The poster above is correct. $250 quick sale. Maybe $400 if you want to actively sell it for 12-24 months.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its value would be much higher if not for that gimped up rear sight drilled and screwed into it. The reblue isn't that good but a body can get away with it and find a complete stock with hardware set and it could have been $600-$800ish. But no, someone making things better had to take power tools to it. It's done. Find a sucker, and he'll pay $400 for it. We have some here.
Yep.

If all it needed was a stock, I'd pay $600-800 for it.

But it is full on bubbaed.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I bought it for 300.
You’re a very ignorant person.
lol, then why you asking for values on it? Trying recoup funds? I'm pretty sure the only ignorance proven has been yours SSG. You lost about $50 min on your stellar purchase. Maybe more.

I bet you could get $50 and a sword out of @RickN for it though. Then you could go get an engraver and make your mark on your 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom