Veterans...Post up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dammit! Was just looking at my army scrapbook last week for the first time since the 80's. cool pics, but can't get to them for another week, and this thread will be 10 pages down by then.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ODA+213+by+Apache+at+Duke+Field.jpg

I'm the one on the left; the heavy drop. Got a picture with a new model helo being tested while we were on joint training with the AC-130's.

I have very few other ones.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right at 10 years ago. I hosted Retired LtGen Peterson for our Birthday Ball. Very cool man! He was the first black pilot and three-star General in the Marine Corps.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Circa 2007....Manning the Ma Deuce IVO Ghazni Afghanistan.

I wish I had more pictures. 22 years and I only have a handful. I never had the foresight to take 'em. Lots of memories in the head though!

View attachment 33622
Look at you with your sleeve all rolled up! always gonna have someone who flaunts the rules, eh? BTW, whats up with the spent .50 cartridge by the handle? thumbs too short to reach the paddles or something?

AAFCE exercise, 1988? I think simultaneous with REFORGER.

[Broken External Image]
If that was taken in Germany during REFORGER '88 we were right around the corner from you. Well, probably. At the very least we were in country together.

Last edited:

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uncle Money Bags, that was taken just outside of Wurzburg, in an area known then as Area Alpha. I've tried to find it on Google Maps, but it's a lot different over there than it was 25 years ago. But I'm almost certain that was during our AAFCE which coincided with REFORGER '88.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uncle Money Bags, that was taken just outside of Wurzburg, in an area known then as Area Alpha. I've tried to find it on Google Maps, but it's a lot different over there than it was 25 years ago. But I'm almost certain that was during our AAFCE which coincided with REFORGER '88.

Yeah, none of it looks the same. I did the same type of google earth searches for the posts I was stationed at and they are all abandoned, demolished or re-purposed. About the only recognizable features were the berms.

We did exercises around Wurzburg, but I think we were in Graf during REFORGER. If you saw a Patriot unit during that time period it was either us (4/43) or 2/43. I think 8/43 stayed further south.
Either way, we were enjoying the same suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom