Vets, PTSD, Suicide, Murder and crimes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy with PTSD, well, a lot of buddies with PTSD... I lived in Lawton for a few years. Most go on with life as normal. Those who can sit down and talk it out with other sufferers tend to work through it. Most of them play extremely violent video games, and for whatever reason, it helped. Had one buddy break into my gun cabinet, pull out my PF9, and put a 9mm round through his temple. It's a travesty these boys can't get the help they need. Instead of cutting DoD funding, why don't they divert some funds to this, and other serious problems? It's a shame

Jesus man...

Prayers sent.

Damn.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know whom we ought to be asking this question????

WWII vets. The ones still alive figured out how to live with it, and they seen some serious shizznizzle, my friends. I'd think if they're alive and kicking right now, they can give us some good pointers on what to do.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GallantFew.org runs an awesome program that I whole heartedly support them. I have many close friends who are dealing with different issues and I have linked them to Gallant Few and they agree that it is an awesome progam.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

WWII vets. The ones still alive figured out how to live with it, and they seen some serious shizznizzle, my friends. I'd think if they're alive and kicking right now, they can give us some good pointers on what to do.

I don't know....a lot of them suffered in silence too. PTSD was unheard of and they weren't encouraged to talk about it. Figuring out how to live with it can work but it doesn't guarantee quality/longevity of life.

Some figures show that their problems were just kicked down the road and the bill is coming due now: Suicide rate 4 times higher than similiar aged males with no military service. http://www.baycitizen.org/veterans/story/suicide-rates-soar-among-wwii-vets/

Here's another good read: http://www.ptsd.va.gov/professional/newsletters/research-quarterly/V2N1.pdf

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

WWII vets lived thru the great depression. In general this group of people were very tough bunch. My father enlisted in the military in 1943. He thought it was great to have three meals a day and a warm place to sleep. Not to mention a little bit of folding money in his pocket. Average age of a WWII vet was 26. Average age of a Vietnam vet was 19. He served on active duty from 1943 to 1971. Navy and Air Force. WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the most part I think people who have never experienced war tend to say that they support those who have but when it comes down to actually doing something to help, they are too busy, don't have the nuts to follow thru, or they just say things to make themselves feel better.

Our elected officials could give two shits about our vets, they only say they do to get votes during the next election cycle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom