My poor doggo is at the vet. She's sick. :(

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,819
Reaction score
4,232
Location
Logan County
She's back, seems no worse for the wear.





And yes, @THAT Gurl, you're right, she has become an integral part of the family. I will admit a soft spot for her. Animals are still animals, and my cats can go jump in a creek (in a burlap sack!) for all I care, but Jayde is my baby, now. <sigh> I've become 'one of those' people, apparently. lol


Great to hear . . . glad she's better.
 

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
19,809
Reaction score
6,000
Location
Tornado Alley
We're going to have to take her back next week sometime to do bloodwork, although... when my son showed me the "mushroom" he thought she ate, it didn't look like it to me. It was hard and brown and felt like tree bark. Sure enough, I dug some up with a shovel and it was actually roots from a tree up the hill that had broken the surface and gotten all 'warty' and stuff. So it was more tree bark than anything, and I don't think she would actually eat that. My son is just totally freaked out by fungus, so he jumped to that as thinking it made her sick. I don't think it had anything to do with it.

It could be that bark if it has fungus growing on it. That's why dogs can't eat raisins, prunes, grapes, etc., they have a fungus that's toxic to dogs. My Yorkie is always eating earthworms but only after they've died, dried and hardened. She grazes the yard for them like a goat eating grass. Every single time she's outside. Not exaggerating, it's EVERY SINGLE TIME she's out there, she's chomping on them. I'm still wondering what illness she's going to get from it.
 

Latest posts

Top Bottom