VZ 52 chamber adapters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have heard of these coming out -

(Adapter to shoot 7.62x39 in 7.62x45 chambered rifles) — anyone familiar with a more secure method of keeping these in place other than loctite?

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have heard of these coming out -

(Adapter to shoot 7.62x39 in 7.62x45 chambered rifles) — anyone familiar with a more secure method of keeping these in place other than loctite?
I used one of those and it worked perfectly, and all I used was loctite. I didn't shoot thousands, but I did shoot hundreds and no issues. I suspect poor prep work is the cause of problems, it's always about the prep.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks gents. The rifle does not have any collector appeal to me and I would like to shoot it - out of curiosity I suppose. Of Course they were probably people saying exactly that about Mauser’s and Springfields years ago before they “sporter’ed” them too

It is attractive in a way, but mine needs the oh so hard to find front handguard. And a magazine - which is not as hard to find

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a member here who used to have a fair supply of 7.62x45 ammo. Not sure if he still has it, if he sold it all, or sold part of it and is hanging on to the rest. Only ammunition in that caliber I ever saw.

glassparman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have pulled them out from several rifles after they have caused someone many headaches. There is lots of surplus 7.62x45 ammo out there albeit expensive. I mostly just take 220 swift brass and turn down the rim and deepen the extractor groove, trim, size and reload. But of course, I'm not normal :)

I also reload Berdan stuff in all odd calibers. If anyone has the early 7.62x45 in brass case that is fired, I'll buy the brass from them.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have pulled them out from several rifles after they have caused someone many headaches. There is lots of surplus 7.62x45 ammo out there albeit expensive. I mostly just take 220 swift brass and turn down the rim and deepen the extractor groove, trim, size and reload. But of course, I'm not normal :)

I also reload Berdan stuff in all odd calibers. If anyone has the early 7.62x45 in brass case that is fired, I'll buy the brass from them.
Removing rims and adding an extractor grove to brass has been know to result in ruptured cases, lost extractors, blown receivers, and other nasty problems that take you to the emergency room.

If you look up standards for cartridge brass, the interior dimensions are not standardized. The thickness of the web at the case head has a lot of variation and what works fine in one batch may not in another. There have been numerous blow ups when by random chance a case with a slightly thinner than average web at the head gave up in the undercut from removing the rim and adding an extractor grove.

Your gun, and your body at risk, so its your call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom