Waiting for The Blizzard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steady light snowing here SE seems to be getting a little heavier.

I knew it was coming. The ground was bare early this morning and I had an invasion of Fox squirrels running all over digging up last minute acorns. Then just like you flipped a switch my little buddies hauled azz back to that tree ridge. Neighbors horses were running around frisky as they always do before a weather change. I guess nature tells you what you need to know better than any snotty nosed weather man with a pointer.., If we would just listen. Let-er rip Im not going anywhere.

snow.jpg
Bout an inch maybe so far.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it’s 40 degrees next Saturday, I’ll be wearing shorts!
My folks spent a winter in Minnesota back in '68 or '69. They said as soon as it hit 50*F, the Minnesotans were laying out by the pool in their bikinis and swim trunks.

It's cold enough in NEOK now that native Minnesotans would be considering switching to long-sleeved shirts...

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Them global warming people should be forced to stand outside in this in shorts & t shirts . Might get a new perspective.

Or the deniers should too, to understand global warming causes extremes like this too

This global warming person will stay inside, then drive his gas hog Jeep to his oil and gas gig tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who moved from Denver to Phoenix, and he said every time it got down to 60 degrees in Phoenix, everyone broke out heavy coats. Like parka weight coats. He said it took a couple of years for them to get used to much hotter weather, but eventually they got to where 60 degrees felt pretty cold. I guess it's whatever you're used to...

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My folks spent a winter in Minnesota back in '68 or '69. They said as soon as it hit 50*F, the Minnesotans were laying out by the pool in their bikinis and swim trunks.

It's cold enough in NEOK now that native Minnesotans would be considering switching to long-sleeved shirts...
Yeah, I worked with a guy from Regina, ca. It hits -40 c there a lot. He was in shorts and a tshirt here in 40’s degree temps. Then by mid morning, the wind picked up, and the skies darkened. We had to drive him back to his hotel room to change and get his coat.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I worked with a guy from Regina, ca. It hits -40 c there a lot. He was in shorts and a tshirt here in 40’s degree temps. Then by mid morning, the wind picked up, and the skies darkened. We had to drive him back to his hotel room to change and get his coat.
I went to a ballgame at Wrigley Field, and it was about 50*F. I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a baseball jersey, and with that wind blowing in off of Lake Michigan, this Okie was damn well freezing by the end of the game.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its 79 degrees in den. I am in my white'ee tightees may or may not put on pants to day. 6.5 degrees when I stepped out side & feed the birds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom