WalMart Rant--Price Matching BS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I go into the local Wally World.

Dick's Sporting Goods has an ad today for WWB 9mm 100round packs for 20.98

I go up to the sporting goods counter and read the "If you find a lower price, we will match it" poster on the register.

I ask the cashier, "do you price match ammunition?". Yes we do.

Good, I'd like 5 of these boxes of ammo.

So as she is trying to ring it up, the process confuses her and she calls a CSM. CSM says "sorry, we don't price match ammunition." Huh?

I ask, since when?

Since always.

Well you have before.

I'm sorry, we don't price match ammunition.

So the cashier apologies and happens to mention that the Sporting Goods CSM is there.

"Let me talk to him".

He comes over, "yeah, we don't price match ammunition"

"That isn't posted anywhere. There is a big sign right here that says "if you find a lower price we will match it."

"Sorry, but the CSMs had a meeting and decided that we don't price match ammunition. And, you have too many boxes here anyway, there is a three box limit."

"Really? I don't see a sign to that effect"

"Well, it has been like that for years."

"Really? I know that you have a two box limit on .22, but I haven't seen a sign for a three box limit in at least a year."

"Yep, three boxes is all we decided to sell."

I've looked for the pricematch exclusions and can't find ammo listed anywhere.

I'm guessing a call to Bentonville will be in my future.

Dave

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I go into the local Wally World.

Dick's Sporting Goods has an ad today for WWB 9mm 100round packs for 20.98

I go up to the sporting goods counter and read the "If you find a lower price, we will match it" poster on the register.

I ask the cashier, "do you price match ammunition?". Yes we do.

Good, I'd like 5 of these boxes of ammo.

So as she is trying to ring it up, the process confuses her and she calls a CSM. CSM says "sorry, we don't price match ammunition." Huh?

I ask, since when?

Since always.

Well you have before.

I'm sorry, we don't price match ammunition.

So the cashier apologies and happens to mention that the Sporting Goods CSM is there.

"Let me talk to him".

He comes over, "yeah, we don't price match ammunition"

"That isn't posted anywhere. There is a big sign right here that says "if you find a lower price we will match it."

"Sorry, but the CSMs had a meeting and decided that we don't price match ammunition. And, you have too many boxes here anyway, there is a three box limit."

"Really? I don't see a sign to that effect"

"Well, it has been like that for years."

"Really? I know that you have a two box limit on .22, but I haven't seen a sign for a three box limit in at least a year."

"Yep, three boxes is all we decided to sell."

I've looked for the pricematch exclusions and can't find ammo listed anywhere.

I'm guessing a call to Bentonville will be in my future.

Dave

You should call Home office and ask about that.

Three box limit has been in since that whole gun run a couple years back. Never bothered to lift it.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why didn't you then go to buy some ammo from Dick's (as opposed to not being allowed to buy ammo by some dicks at WM)?

Cause it was 9:30 and my wife sent me out for laundry detergent. Figured I'd pick some up while I was there.

Funny thing is you have a license and your goto ammo dealer is walmart.

Not sure I understand this one. find me a wholesaler who will ship it to me for the same price and give it to me right now.

Dave

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like listening to guys
Cause it was 9:30 and my wife sent me out for laundry detergent. Figured I'd pick some up while I was there.

Not sure I understand this one. find me a wholesaler who will ship it to me for the same price and give it to me right now.

Dave

Carry on Dave...after all Walmart owes us.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dave
I checked with a couple wholesalers and there current prices are only pennies more per box than the price you posted but you don't have to pay tax so it ends up being cheaper. Obviously, no wholesaler can get it to you "right now". I wouldn't go to Walmart if they were handing out $50's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom