WalMart Rant--Price Matching BS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked with a couple wholesalers and there current prices are only pennies more per box than the price you posted but you don't have to pay tax so it ends up being cheaper. Obviously, no wholesaler can get it to you "right now". I wouldn't go to Walmart if they were handing out $50's.

No one is making you go to WalMart.
Your choice.

Pennies more per box plus shipping does not necessarily equate to local price plus tax.

Your choices are your choices.
Mine are mine.

Dave

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cause it was 9:30 and my wife sent me out for laundry detergent. Figured I'd pick some up while I was there.

Dave

Copy - the wife was holding your leash and it wasn't long enough for you to get to Dick's.

(Now don't hold this against me the next time I have to sit in your dental chair)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one is making you go to WalMart.
Your choice.

Pennies more per box plus shipping does not necessarily equate to local price plus tax.

Your choices are your choices.
Mine are mine.

Dave
I never pay shipping.

Haven't been to Walmart in 3 years and don't plan on ever going back. It's a better life, you should try it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A simple fix is to ask when an individual store is allowed to choose not to adhere to corporate policy. It's pretty simple they are not. The only latitude they seem to have been allowed is limits on number of boxes and then again it's probably against policy but they have not been called on it.

Next time just tell them that you will be speaking to corporate headquarters about it soon, or better yet have the number in your phone and make the call, when they ask what you are doing plain inform them that you are calling the corporate offices in Bentonville so they can weigh in on the situation.

I'll give you a little hint on some other stuff. The price match on a lot of things is BS. Manufacturer's will often make the same item with the same specs and then place a slightly different model number on an item (especially common in electronic goods) so when you take in the advertisement for a tv or BluRay player from walmart the model number may be XXX XXXXX WM and at best buy it will be XXX XXXXX BB. Guess what, no price match. The bigger the chain the more likely they are to have their own submodel number on it. I worked at best buy when I was going to DeVry a few years ago and that was one of the things stressed to us about price matching, the model number had to be EXACTLY the same.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would imagine with as many WMs as there are, not all stores are following the same policies.

At my local WM I am able to buy more than three boxes of any ammo except for .22, which has been mostly nonexistent for over three years now.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the "same model number" problem before. It is especially true when dealing with Lowes and Home Depot!!

I have contacted Corporate already and they were a bit "put off" by the stores actions.
"looks like we have a training opportunity here."

They are contacting the local store's GM and then he/she is supposed to contact me.

Dave

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Haven't been to Walmart in 3 years and don't plan on ever going back. It's a better life, you should try it.
I'm in my 5th year without walmart. It really is nice. At this point, it will remain a priority in where I choose to live, so that I'm not forced to use walmart.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our Price Match Policy

We're committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, or the item purchased from Walmart.com is now listed at a lower price, tell us and we'll match it*.

* limitations apply

How to match a Walmart.com price that has been reduced (Rollback):

• If an item previously purchased from Walmart.com (not including items from a third-party seller on our site) is now listed at a lower price, and the item is within its eligible return window, contact Walmart.com Customer Care at 1.800.966.6546 to receive an adjustment for the price difference. This does not apply to Clearance, Special buy, Value of the Day or deep discounts like Thanksgiving, Black Friday or Cyber Monday

How to match a Walmart.com price to another online retailer*:

• Prior to placing your order, contact Walmart.com Customer Care or call us at 1.800.966.6546. We will verify the item eligibility by reviewing the online retailer, their current price, and by confirming the item is in stock
  • Walmart.com has the final decision for matching an online price

How to match a Walmart in-store price to a Walmart.com or other retailer's online price:

The following are guidelines and limitations:

• The item must be currently in-stock at the online retailer's website and on Walmart.com at the time of the price match request
  • The item must be sold and fulfilled by online retailers* listed below or by Walmart.com
  • We reserve the right to verify the price of the identical, in-stock item at the online retailer's website (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
  • We will limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day**

We do not honor:

• Prices from Marketplace and third-party sellers
  • Prices from auctions or requiring memberships
  • Prices that cannot be determined independent of other items, e.g., fees, shipping charges
  • Percent off or dollar off if the item's price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees, or charges
  • Bundle Offers, Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing
  • Prices that require minimum quantity purchases
  • Items that other retailers have listed as Clearance, Close out, Liquidation, Special Hour/Flash/Limited Quantity offers
  • Damaged, Used, or Refurbished items
  • Misprinted or inaccurate prices
  • Online price match is not available in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico for in-store purchases
  • We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in-stock in our stores or Walmart.com
  • Online price match is not available for Walmart One Hour Guarantee Items
  • Walmart.com will not price match on behalf of Walmart Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors or to Walmart.com
  • Walmart.com will not price match items on Walmart.com or to other retailers between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday

* Online retailers are limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com

**Quantities are not limited in New Mexico except when purchases are made for the purpose of reselling merchandise

Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of this Policy at any time.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so this HAD to be one of you with Cruella at the gun counter...

www.peopleofwalmart.com_wp_content_uploads_2016_05_1627.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom