Walmart to stop selling handgun ammo, ends open carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I was told today, there isn't going to be a clearance of ammo. Just a sell down and no restock.
So, I'm guessing that Walmart doesn't mind taking a stand, but doesn't want to loose the bucks that they already have invested in inventory.

Second. For all of our kvetching, how many have actually called or written to Bentonville to express their displeasure with this decision. It might not do any good, but the fewer calls they get, the more right they think that they are.

http://www.corporate-office-headquarters.com/walmart-stores-inc

Dave

They'll restock. They have inventory in their warehouses and contracts with their suppliers. Corporate WalMart is telling you the end is coming but they are giving you plenty of advanced notice.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me see if I've got this in correct order.
First Walmart decided 18 year olds couldn't come in an buy a long rifle or shotgun. Nosiree that's not happening. Gotta be 21 years old. The same 18 year olds that join the service every day and protect our freedom ,our way of life and Walmart's bottom line.
Secondly, Walmart in their judgement has decided that they know more about medicine than doctors do. So instead of filling a person's 30 day prescription they need to live a reasonably pain free life they will only give 7 days worth. Causing said person to make unnecessary frequent trips to the pharmacy department for their medicine.
Now last but not least Walmart has decided to hell with you people that exercise your 2nd amendment right in a legal, responsible and safe manner. You can go elsewhere but Walmart will continue the practice of selling alcoholic beverages that cause way more death and suffering on people in this country. How ludicrous is that.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think your on to something. A fella could get one of those nice set ups like Snapon dealers use and just go from town to town selling ammo. Sweet

I like it - make a set route with timed stops. Heck - combine it with a food truck for a lunchtime delivery schedule.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, because these people don't have the income or knowledge (or both) to purchase a more expensive and (on here at least) more socially acceptable firearm and a means to carry, it's fine that they be denied the same right to protection that someone that can afford to go out and buy a $3-4K custom 1911 and carry it in a custom made, shark skin holster on a custom made elephant hide belt is allowed to excercise? It's amazing the amount of elitism that runs rampant among gun owners sometimes. My mom, now in her 70's and on a fixed income, deserves the exact same right to self protection as any one of the other people on this or any other gun forum.

And ya know what, sometimes concealed carry just plain isn't the most effective means of carry. How many on this forum alone are getting up in their years and are currently or could soon be disabled in some manner simply by the virtues of getting older. Are you no longer eligible to carry simply because if you had to be able to access your firearm in a self defense instance, you wouldn't be able to because if you used one hand to swipe your cover garment out of the way in order to allow your other hand access to your firearm, you'd then go tumbling because you'd lose your grip on your cane? The only real other option (other than open carry) for my mom would be to carry in her purse, and we all know that off body carry really isn't the best option. Especially when you are, by virtue of your advanced age, a likely target of a purse snatcher.

Is a Hi Point in an Uncle Mike's holster the best means of open carry? Not a chance. But isn't it also better to have SOMETHING (even if it's less than preferred) rather than nothing?

Lighten up. Was certainly meant in jest, like most of what we say to each other here.

The idea of Walmart solving the current shooting crisis by ceasing the sale of certain types of ammo, or the idea of s putting Walmart out of business by boycotting them are a couple of pretty humorous ideas.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo....short barrel rifle ammo:

38/357 short barrel rifle and pistol.

Dang It!!! Guess my 1873 Carbine and Colt SAA are “domestic terrorist” guns???!!! Who'd a thunk it??:buttkick:
U.S.-Marshal-Carbine.jpg

P1856-1-large.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooo....short barrel rifle ammo:

38/357 short barrel and rifle.

Dang It!!! Guess my 1873 Carbine is a “domestic terrorist” gun???!!! Who'd a thunk it??:buttkick:
U.S.-Marshal-Carbine.jpg

Handgun ammo. Qualifies multiple ways. You're one of "those" people, who think they need firearms for something other than hunting for food to support all your young'un's on the family place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom