Walther CCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm back at H&H today for a quick side by side comparison of the CCP and Shield. The only real noticeable difference dimensionally is the width. The surprising thing to me was the trigger on the CCP was much grittier today. The new shield was shorter and cleaner. There is no telling how many rounds were fired through the CCP in the last 24 hrs.

I am still excited to own one and will probably carry the CCP over the shield if the factory cleans it up. It does feel better in the hand, shoots marginally softer and seems lighter.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_buqehema.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_ase5uda8.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_5y2ybuja.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_ruba8u9a.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_19_usede9eb.jpg

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten my CCP from Kentucky Gun but Palmetto had them in stock so I grabbed one. The good folks at Sooner State Pawn called me this afternoon so I promptly took it to big boys range and ran a box through it.

Pros:
Zero feeding issues
Accurate!
Trigger was much smoother, crisper than demo. I actually said "wow" after its first dryfire.
Trigger reset seemed a bit shorter than demo.

Cons:
Mags didn't consistenty hold the slide back on empty
Mag edges still sharp
Box is child resistant (me)
Does get a bit warm after firing multiple rounds
My eyes needed better sights.

All in all I love this pistol. It ran great and was very comfortable.

50 rds at 10 yards.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_12_30_144cf6c08efe24729e18ac7393ccc83c.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why all the carry 9's seem to have to come with a thumb safety? I'd love one of these but no go with an external safety (my preference).

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? There's a boat-load (butt-load?) of "carry 9's" without a thumb safety out there...I have one of the most popular, most sold, and best "carry 9's " on the market in OD green with a 10-round mag and a Pearce +0 mag extension sitting here on my kitchen table right now.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, the ones I want to buy seem to have the thumb safety. I just don't get it. Have a version with and a version without it. Same reason I won't buy the Shield despite wanting one.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? There's a boat-load (butt-load?) of "carry 9's" without a thumb safety out there...I have one of the most popular, most sold, and best "carry 9's " on the market in OD green with a 10-round mag and a Pearce +0 mag extension sitting here on my kitchen table right now.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why all the carry 9's seem to have to come with a thumb safety? I'd love one of these but no go with an external safety (my preference).

EXACTLY! I've never understood that, now if it was a SAO gun then yeah but like on the LC9s (Now they make the LC9s Pro so it doesn't have that) and the Shield.
Now Kahr pistols don't which I like and the Beretta Nano. My only problem with the Nano is that there's no slide release and the sights are TERRIBLE.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, the ones I want to buy seem to have the thumb safety. I just don't get it. Have a version with and a version without it. Same reason I won't buy the Shield despite wanting one.

They do make the Shield now without a thumb safety. I found that out a couple of weeks ago when I was on their website. I got the Shield in .40S&W with the safety but I'm a lefty so it doesn't bother me. I'm still picky about that just because of looks and if I'm able to use it. If I'm not able to use it then I don't want it on the gun. But with handguns you gotta' compromise somethings.

MikeM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter bought one. Good news bad news. First the good news. It feels good in my hand. It is fun to shoot. Not as much fun as my CZ Rami but still fun.
The bad news: it is picky about ammo. We were shooting Winchester in my CZ but when we loaded Winchester into her Walther it would shoot 2 or 3 rounds and then hang up. The shell ejected but the cycle never finished. Had to manually finish the cycle. Happened with only one of the factory magazines though. Then we tried Federal. Both magazines had the same problem. Two or 3 shots and it would hang up. Then we shot Remington and it worked flawlessly with both mags. To verify we tried the different ammos again. Same thing. Didn't like the Winchester or the Federal but worked fine with Remington.
We have a Walther 22 that only likes CCI Stinger ammo. I guess Walther could be described as idiosyncratic. Hopefully when you shoot the CCP it will love all your ammo. Please let me know what happens with your ccp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom