Walther P22 review (The new version)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a Walther P22 a few weeks ago. A good friend of mine has had one for years and loved it. I was looking for a good 22 plinker and bought one. I had the choice of the brand new one or the old one. They look very similar but are not. I will first sing the Walthers paraises, it shot very well with no jams using a variety of ammo including bulk Remington from Walmart. It feels good in my hand and was not teribly expensive, about $350. Now for the bad. The front sight is no longer screwed in and will pop off every 9 or 10 rounds after the first 75 or so. I took it back to H @ H and they were surprised by this also and free of charge found a screw to put in it. It also has a 9 lb trigger pull that can not be adjusted. I took it to two gun smiths and they both said it could not be done. I am somewhat satisfied with the gun but if I had known then what I know now I would have bought something else. I do not know what as very few 22 pistols get good reviews (affordable and small enought to use for occasional CCW). Perhaps the Beretta bobcat.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The browning buckmark is almost certainly a better gun but the Micro is still 8 inch long. It would not have fit the dual role of small carry + cheep plinker. I might as well carry my 1911.

1min2midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1911 is a perfect killing machine and if ever I actually have to reach for my gun I would praise Jesus if my hand fell on to my Springfield 1911. But reality is that I will not take it everywhere, its just to big and heavy sometimes. I know the 22 is a fart in the wind compared to a 45 but I think I could get my point accross with it. And at that time the gun in my pocket is better than any gun collecting dust back at the house or under the seat in my car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom