Walther PK 380 opinions for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides the obvious limitations of .380 ACP, what does the consensus seem to be for the new Walther PK380?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got no problem with the 380 round.
You get fewer looks when you call if 9mm kurtz. :rollingla
Haven't seen anyone who would take 6 rounds to the chest to prove it's not enough.

PK is a decent gun.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked at a couple... but for size you could move up to several compact 9mm Luger chambered pistols that seem smaller to me.

Those old Beretta 84's had the same issue... if it's big enough to be a 9mm why not just make it that way?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I'm going to carry a Walther, then I'll carry a PPK/s or my PP both in .380. Both are more thin, carry the same number of rounds, and both are way past being broken in.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looked at a couple... but for size you could move up to several compact 9mm Luger chambered pistols that seem smaller to me.

Those old Beretta 84's had the same issue... if it's big enough to be a 9mm why not just make it that way?

I never heard of a PK, from what I read it is the European idea of a .380. Their needs are not the same.
I have owned a PPK and a Sig 230 (I think), both good size for the caliber a few years ago.
Today guns got smaller. If I want a .380 it would be a Ruger CLP or Khar, if I want a gun the size of the PPK I'd pick a 9mm. You are right about the Beretta also, there was a time when I thought it was a good choice, not today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom