Want to reload 9mm/.40S&W/223. Which reload machine you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to try to reload this 3 cal. 9/0.40/223 I want to get a good machine. A little pricy is oK, just do not want to bring a better one after trying my first one, Any recommendation/comment is appreciated.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only have Dillon (550B and Square Deal B), so I can't give an opinion about the Hornaday. I like both Dillon's but I'm up for trying whatever works best. Can anyone that has experience with both Dillon and Hornaday (and others) tell Castleeleven (and me) what the LNL does better (or vice versa)? Primer function seems to be the bugaboo on most presses. Is Hornaday's setup better?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both the Dillon and the Hornady are great machines. Nobody mentioned it but the ones recommended are progressive presses. There are single stage machines available too.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my RCBS Pro 2000, but I got a super deal on it. If you're paying anywhere near full price, go for the Dillon 550. Buy once, cry once.

The square deal isn't bad for a bit less if you know you'll only ever load for pistol, but you'd need a separate press for .223 (which isn't all that bad as an idea).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ONLY time I've had primer feed issues is when using Varget on .223. It's a compressed load, so the occasional granule of powder will fall out and get behind the primer slide. You know it instantly, and I keep a can of the keyboard compressed air handy to blow it out.

To compare the LNL, and the 650 fairly, compare prices on what it takes to change calibers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom