warning or bullet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all these LEO's and a Lawyer or two around here, are there not any similar "scenarios" where a CCW has acted in this situation that we can refer too??? The Video was great, but it would have been nice to see the woman throw the baby down and grab a Glock and shoot the Armed Robber with a sidebar saying that she was commended for her actions. Some of you guys been around a long time, lets hear some actual cases that you know of, instead of haggling back-and-forth in a "what-if" situation. I would love to know for a fact that if a guy brandishes a gun at a clerk in a 7-11 that it's totally alright to come up from behind the store and end the situation. I would hate to see someone making min. wage lose their life because of some low-life that whats the 50.00 dollars in the Cash Register; then again, I would hate to turn my families lives and finances upside down because I have huge legal fees and/or criminal prosecution because of a lack of clarity in the law.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jarhead im not sure if you were critiquing my statement or in agreement w/.

But when a situation escalates you kind of know. You SHOULD be able to observe posture, voice tone, gestures and sift through bullshyt. I cant be the only with such talents can I?

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jarhead im not sure if you were critiquing my statement or in agreement w/.

But when a situation escalates you kind of know. You SHOULD be able to observe posture, voice tone, gestures and sift through bullshyt. I cant be the only with such talents can I?
No sir, I wasn't critiquing the statement, it was the first one I saw when I went back to find a comment on escalation. I agree that everyone knows by body language when things escalate, but few have experience in this type of situation where adreneline is coursing through everyones system at a higher rate than if we were just dealing with someone who wanted to fight. My point, albeit poorly expressed, was that we can't always know when the perp will start shooting, even with normal body language. Yes it will be true in most cases that we can tell, but a sociopath won't show these signs. I have dealt with a few when in the service. I've seen a prisoner who was talking with his lawyer outside a court room just as calmly as you will, grab the lawyers ink pen and drive it into a guards chest. He turned to the lawyer and said, 'sorry about your pen. I guess they will have to add that to the charges.' Never made another violent move, even when the 5 Marines came through the door and tackled him. Just had this amused look on his face. I never understood the description of dead eyes until that day. Afterwards, I began to look at everyones eyes, what you can learn is amazing, but for some, you won't know until the deed is done. I don't think I could wait until I could see the perp's eyes before I acted.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the OP's premise... you are safe, drawing from concealment, the robber is paying attention to the clerk , and you can shoot him in the back. Which legislation do you think protects your actions in this case? How would you argue your defense?

Even the practicing lawyer in this thread didn't feel confident leaning one way or another on it.

hmm explain to me how being in the presence of a potential killer/armed robber/felon is safe?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No sir, I wasn't critiquing the statement, it was the first one I saw when I went back to find a comment on escalation. I agree that everyone knows by body language when things escalate, but few have experience in this type of situation where adreneline is coursing through everyones system at a higher rate than if we were just dealing with someone who wanted to fight. My point, albeit poorly expressed, was that we can't always know when the perp will start shooting, even with normal body language. Yes it will be true in most cases that we can tell, but a sociopath won't show these signs. I have dealt with a few when in the service. I've seen a prisoner who was talking with his lawyer outside a court room just as calmly as you will, grab the lawyers ink pen and drive it into a guards chest. He turned to the lawyer and said, 'sorry about your pen. I guess they will have to add that to the charges.' Never made another violent move, even when the 5 Marines came through the door and tackled him. Just had this amused look on his face. I never understood the description of dead eyes until that day. Afterwards, I began to look at everyones eyes, what you can learn is amazing, but for some, you won't know until the deed is done. I don't think I could wait until I could see the perp's eyes before I acted.

Very intriguing story, I would have been scared shytless if I was the attorney.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep. Once he pulls that gun and makes it known he's a deadly threat, you should take him out. Unless you're willing to bet someone's life the BG wont shoot. Personally, I'd rather make the decision than leave it to the BG to decide.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok at first I thought you had a different perspective, then thought you were just augmentative for the sake of it, but I realize you are a spoiler...

I'm sure if you complete a thought we could take the time to discuss it.
Do you feel that it is your duty to "Teach the robber a lesson"?
Why have you gone to such great lengths to avoid the questions asked?

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Internet answer: Yes. I'd shoot to stop the threat.

Real answer: Even if you have a weapon, if they're just asking for money, just give them the damn money. If they're holding up someone else, it's an even easier answer.
But as soon as they get violent... stopping the threat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom