Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the use of the term "full-retard" juxtaposed against the later lament of it being impossible to have "an adult objective discussion".......

Apparently you didn't read the ridiculous comments that lead me to say that.

If someone wants to be an a**hole, I can play that game really well. I'm all for taking the high road as long as we're all on that page. Wanna fight in the gutter? I don't like it but I can do it as well as anyone.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, here I go. I've been on the other end of these many times, both personally and as a supervisor fielding a complaint.

Little Johnny or Susie college get pulled over for DUI, drugs whatever. The first thing they do the next morning is call mommy/daddy and give a story that isn't remotely close to the truth. Mommy/daddy call in Monday morning in an uproar because Johnny or Susie college wouldn't DARE do whatever they got pulled over/arrested for. I tell mommy/daddy that I can't release any information without their kid because the kid is an adult, but the entire encounter was captured on video. I invite them to bring their kid and with the kid's permission, we can all watch the video. Strange, but I never hear back from mommy/daddy. Draw your own conclusion.

Now don't get me wrong, I would be in an uproar too if things went down the way little Johnny/Susie said they did.

First of all, the Sheriff's office is not required to give you any information. Since your son is legally an adult, they will probably only release information to you son or his attorney. My advice is to complete a FOIA request and get copies of all dash cam and body camera's before you do anything.

I am in no way affiliated and can't vouch for the OP, his son or the Rogers County Sherriff or any of his deputies. The above are my own personal firsthand experiences.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SPD's response is 100% spot on. When I was the patrol supervisor I'd occasionally get complaints about officers. My official response to them was to come to the PD and fill out the complaint form which includes a section about filing a false report. Amazingly, rarely did anyone believe in the righteousness of their complaint enough to actually do that.

I know this will come as a real shock to a lot of you, but... People actually lie to the police on a routine basis. No...really. They do.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped a woman once for some sort of traffic violation. She was a typical "Karen" type individual and just argued about everything.

After I finished the stop I got a call from dispatch to call a lady who wanted to speak to the supervisor. I called her and it was the "Karen". I asked her what she needed help with and she proceeded to make up this wild story about the stop, things I did, things I said, etc... She wanted to file a complaint so I told her to come on down. I actually gave her a break because I let her listen to the stop as I had recorded it on a small, pocket-sized recorder (before the days of body cams and dash cams) before she filled out the complaint form.

Funny... She changed her mind about the complaint.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SPD's response is 100% spot on. When I was the patrol supervisor I'd occasionally get complaints about officers. My official response to them was to come to the PD and fill out the complaint form which includes a section about filing a false report. Amazingly, rarely did anyone believe in the righteousness of their complaint enough to actually do that.

I know this will come as a real shock to a lot of you, but... People actually lie to the police on a routine basis. No...really. They do.
Hm. While I understand the point, it does not apply here. We are at this moment filling out the form, affidavit and all.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On one hand I have respect for LE, its a thankless job and they get to deal with a lot of the worse side of society, BUT at the same time some, not all, some cross the line and are thugs and bullies.

Referring to the other side of LE, my first hand experience when my house was broken into, I got the 3 that did it, had my goods in their possession. Called 911, was given crap by the 911 operator for such a thing as a break in, then when I called back to report I had the 3 and was holding them I was told to not call again or she would have me charged with abuse of the 911 system.

Then it took deputies 45 minutes to come on scene.

I did get my firearms and stuff back, was able to prove ownership through photographs and serial numbers.
But no one went jail, this was after the finding of drugs and dealing paraphernalia in the car the 3 were loading my stuff into, I thought for sure they would take a ride, nope.

Then it took 4 months to hear back from the DA office only to be told that in their opinion no crime was committed and no charges were going to be filed and if I did not like it I could move.

So my opinion of the system we have is jaded alot, you only see justice if you are somebody and have money or your family is connected and you can commit all the crime you want.

Take it for what its worth. I saw no justice and was **** on by the thieves who broke into my house and the justice system.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A further thought occurs with respect to the legitimacy of this whole scenario as we leave the Rogers County Sheriff's Office:
I counted no less than three marijuana dispensaries within two blocks of the Sheriff's office. If they are really all about interdicting the demon weed, why not just step across the street and walk in the door?

Latest posts

Top Bottom