Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not read all the posts. Did your son get a ticket or a warning cite for the tail lights? If he received no paperwork in reference to the initial stop, did he receive any paperwork at all? Copy of a search by officers Tweedle, and Dumm, PC By Deputy Bark? A signed release form from your son stating there was no damage done to his vehicle by the searching officers? Any paperwork at all?
I just confirmed: no paperwork of any kind.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get on the phone,...go down there and nicely ...ask for the Captain...shift commander...explain ask if it was wrong stop...looking for same type car thing....

Be a Father ....ask question to the cops who stopped him if possible...

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I like how you called my response stupid but did not attempt to refute it. 🤣 Why don't any of the "good ones" stop the "Few bad examples" from being straight up dookie human beings? Because there are no "good ones just doing a hard job" 🤷‍♂️ If one of my associates murders someone, and I don't do anything to stop it, I am an accomplice and therefore guilty by association, right? Now apply that same logic to police.
pramble OSA.jpg
🤷‍♂️

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not defending the sheriff and his corruption, but this vid says a lot of why we put up with this stuff.

Cop is going out in harms way to make sure all is well, BUT still does the cop thing and talks smack to a dying guy after he's full of holes. I just wasted you but let me say in an authoritarian manner "Do not move!"

I'd be glad to have them there if it was my neighborhood and a bad guy was on the loose, but likely what would happen is I would be the one with the shotgun trying to investigate the bump in the night and they would roll up and cap me. That stuff happens all the time; same in self-defense situations where good guy pulls gun to stop bad guy and cops shoot good guy. Again, trade-off, but I still wanted to share and ask how many people would want to roll up on that scene to a mossberg with a pistol grip pointed at you? So it makes it harder to criticize the police when they do the dirty work that others not willing to do.

Best way in my opinion to get better policing is mandatory mental health testing, mandatory IQ testing, mandatory bill of rights testing (and periodically was well after hired), and highest possible pay. I think if you implemented these things 90% of police corruption and police incidents would resolve. Also, some sort of peer review process implemented to keep them all honest. Private sector does that for employment reviews. I won't hold my breath though.

I agree this looks like a justifiable use of lethal force.

The differences compared to my son's stop are, however, instructive. In the above video the officer responded to calls of someone with a shotgun shooting people in that vicinity. That in turn justifies his self-protective posture and quick resort to force.

Contrast that with the incident I described: a brake light, which turns out not to be broken anyway! Where is the fire? Where is the urgency? Even if we grant a suspicion of marijuana (which I find tenuous at best) I can't justify the scenario from its inception. The public good in this instance is best served by [fill in the blank].

(Hint: leave the citizen alone to go peaceably about his business.)

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe me if I told you my experience working as a dispatcher in the 80's of the crap I seen. Se Oklahoma.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree this looks like a justifiable use of lethal force.

The differences compared to my son's stop are, however, instructive. In the above video the officer responded to calls of someone with a shotgun shooting people in that vicinity. That in turn justifies his self-protective posture and quick resort to force.

Contrast that with the incident I described: a brake light, which turns out not to be broken anyway! Where is the fire? Where is the urgency? Even if we grant a suspicion of marijuana (which I find tenuous at best) I can't justify the scenario from its inception. The public good in this instance is best served by [fill in the blank].

(Hint: leave the citizen alone to go peaceably about his business.)
Yeah it was a terry stop, the brake lights were just a made-up excuse...you may want to see if OK is a terry stop state.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I'm a (mostly) law abiding citizen, I haven't had so much as a speeding ticket since the Fall of 1981. I mind my own business and leave other people the heck alone and I expect that from others in regards to me.
I want to live in a civilized society. I want criminals kept in check by our justice system which includes law enforcement officers so I don't have to.
A too often repeated excuse for cops being jerks is that they never know when someone they approach is going to be a bad person. Statistically they are only very slightly more likely to approach a bad person as I am to be approached by a bad cop.
This "thin blue line" crap causes a bunch of problems.
This is one of my favorite examples because it is close to home.

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e366...ef-jeremy-murrell-arrested-on-drug-complaints
He had been "let go" by his previous police department for the same crap.
Why wasn't he prosecuted? We all know why.

Same with "bad cops". Jerks, bullies, loose canons and A*holes don't exist in a vacuum. Their fellow officers know what kind of person they are and look the other way because "thin blue line". If you can say with a straight face it never happens you are either delusional or lying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom