Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, this will have to be his cause to pursue.
I am still his father, and a citizen, and a Constitutional purist. I am livid.
"livid" cost money. How much do you want to spend to prove your point? That is what it boils down to. I can see in the few pages I have read not many are going to come up with a defense. If it didn't cost you or him any money yet then let it go. If you are willing to take it to the end find a bull dog lawyer.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So when you first arrested him what was the charge?

I thought I made that clear...

In Colorado, failure to provide proof of insurance is a misdemeanor offense (or it was then). I knew the guy's story was bulls**t and I knew he was up to no good based on my experience. So I arrested him. Unusual to arrest someone for that, yes. But perfectly reasonable and legal.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"livid" cost money. How much do you want to spend to prove your point? That is what it boils down to. I can see in the few pages I have read not many are going to come up with a defense. If it didn't cost you or him any money yet then let it go. If you are willing to take it to the end find a bull dog lawyer.
Yup. That's the question. It's not really a defense, as the searchee was never charged nor cited for anything. Thus it is purely a question of how far he wants to go in redress of grievance. There is an amendment addressing petition for redress of grievance. It's on the tip of my tongue . . .
Oh, that's right: it's the first one!

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a happy camper if I end up in handcuffs while they are fishing.
I agree.. I’m just saying it’s common and honestly I’d imagine it’s kind of necessary in policing.

I have been in situations with police officers before were I definitely felt violated. I have worked in construction majority of my adult life. The nature of residential construction there’s a lot of workers with addiction problems/criminal records/etc… one time while on a job 4 of us carpooled a mile up the road to grab lunch. We got pulled over for a total BS reason on the way back. This was in a rural small town about an hr away from OKC….. I have a squeaky clean record, never been in trouble with the law. But apparently the guy driving had been in trouble for drugs several years prior and had a record. The officer immediately started treating all of us like crap. Then a couple other officers arrive. They brought in a K9 and did the fake alert BS to search the vehicle. That pissed us off because the officer never even asked for permission to search, which we would have given, he didn’t even need the K9. He didn’t ask any questions or let us explain the reason we were in town or anything. He was very rude.

The whole thing is a long story and I don’t want to ramble too much. Long story short they detained us for over an hour. We had our cell phones and wallets taken from us, and we were all put in the back of police cruisers, treated like criminals…. Basically we got profiled: 4 dirty construction workers in a beat up vehicle… then when they saw that the driver had a prior record they went wholehog, probably thinking they were fixing to bust some methheads lol

I felt violated. I also realized that cops don’t give a crap that I’m a good guy. Also learned that I needed to be more careful who I spend time around/associate with/ride with… Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

Lowlife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. That's the question. It's not really a defense, as the searchee was never charged nor cited for anything. Thus it is purely a question of how far he wants to go in redress of grievance. There is an amendment addressing petition for redress of grievance. It's on the tip of my tongue . . .
First I would make sure there is even a report of it. It may be his word against theirs. No record. nothing happen

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ok ... Now you've piqued my interest ... Are you a sovereign citizen??

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt violated. I also realized that cops don’t give a crap that I’m a good guy. Also learned that I needed to be more careful who I spend time around/associate with/ride with… Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.

Same here (bikers were my weakness, not a quick carpool buddy lol) ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom