Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Goodness, no need to get snippy! I appreciate your input, even where I disagree. No problem on this side of the conversation!

Snippy has nothing to do with it. I'm tired of trying to explain the way things work to you when you're obviously unwilling to understand it. I know you're capable of understanding...you just won't.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree.. I’m just saying it’s common and honestly I’d imagine it’s kind of necessary in policing.

I have been in situations with police officers before were I definitely felt violated. I have worked in construction majority of my adult life. The nature of residential construction there’s a lot of workers with addiction problems/criminal records/etc… one time while on a job 4 of us carpooled a mile up the road to grab lunch. We got pulled over for a total BS reason on the way back. This was in a rural small town about an hr away from OKC….. I have a squeaky clean record, never been in trouble with the law. But apparently the guy driving had been in trouble for drugs several years prior and had a record. The officer immediately started treating all of us like crap. Then a couple other officers arrive. They brought in a K9 and did the fake alert BS to search the vehicle. That pissed us off because the officer never even asked for permission to search, which we would have given, he didn’t even need the K9. He didn’t ask any questions or let us explain the reason we were in town or anything. He was very rude.

The whole thing is a long story and I don’t want to ramble too much. Long story short they detained us for over an hour. We had our cell phones and wallets taken from us, and we were all put in the back of police cruisers, treated like criminals…. Basically we got profiled: 4 dirty construction workers in a beat up vehicle… then when they saw that the driver had a prior record they went wholehog, probably thinking they were fixing to bust some methheads lol

I felt violated. I also realized that cops don’t give a crap that I’m a good guy. Also learned that I needed to be more careful who I spend time around/associate with/ride with… Lay down with dogs and you get fleas.
My opinion is that cops seemingly don't care unless you're a cop. And if you are a cop you better be THEIR kind of cop.

I've met a lot of great cops, have some in my family even, but I still have zero faith and trust that any cop I could meet in any official encounter would give a single crap about me.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might mention in passing that he was detained and searched while wearing his Nathan Dahm "Defend the 2nd Amendment" T-shirt. I remarked to the Lieutenant that it should not have been a problem to Rogers County deputies. He agreed.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion is that cops seemingly don't care unless you're a cop. And if you are a cop you better be THEIR kind of cop.

I've met a lot of great cops, have some in my family even, but I still have zero faith and trust that any cop I could meet in any official encounter would give a single crap about me.

This. And the reason I don't expect them to give a **** about me is there are plenty of people in the world who look just like regular people who are anything but.

I'm not saying that gives anyone a pass to break the law but I don't expect them to treat me like a bestie during any kind of contact.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. And the reason I don't expect them to give a **** about me is there are plenty of people in the world who look just like regular people who are anything but.

I'm not saying that gives anyone a pass to break the law but I don't expect them to treat me like a bestie during any kind of contact.
So, asking for a rub and a tug when getting frisked is a bad thing? Just trying to keep it professional. Geez, wonder if that’s why I keep getting shot?

Latest posts

Top Bottom