Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what it boils down to for me. I get the OP is upset about this and I can understand it. He feels strongly about this and wants this incident to be made right and doesn't want it to occur again. Fair enough.

What I'll never understand, especially with online discussions, is why people have to go full-retard? Why can't people have reasonable, rational discussions free from emotional hyperbole like the "average" cop will shoot someone over a made-up circumstance? And the doubling-down on stupid just goes on from there.

It's nearly impossible these days to have an adult, objective discussion about anything without someone ruining the entire discussion.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Furthermore, the place to resist is not on the side of the road if you think you're being wronged by an officer as distasteful as that may be.
A wise man told me years ago that the two closest things you’ll find to God on this earth are a judge in his courtroom and a cop on the side of the road. Even if they’re 100% wrong and you’re 100% right, you’re not going to win on their home field, so you don’t fight them there. The system has places for those battles, and that’s where you fight them.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To that end I want the Rogers County Sheriff's Department spanked for violating my son's person. How best to proceed?
I doubt that you’ll get anywhere on this, as there’s a lot of established case law on this subject, but you might check with the Institute for Justice and see what they have to say.

https://ij.org/

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A wise man told me years ago that the two closest things you’ll find to God on this earth are a judge in his courtroom and a cop on the side of the road. Even if they’re 100% wrong and you’re 100% right, you’re not going to win on their home field, so you don’t fight them there. The system has places for those battles, and that’s where you fight them.
Yep. Once in a while a cowboy will fight them on the side of the road, and it usually ends poorly for the cowboy. But sometimes not.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's an old comparison that some industries can't afford bad folks. Airlines can't afford to have 99.5% of pilots want to land and the other .5% wanting to just fly the bird into a mountain for instance. In this case lets assume that 99.999% of cops are great and the other .001 want to kill people. With 660,000ish LEO's in the US that'd leave 660 people with qualified immunity wanting to kill people.
So, That means that there are 659,340 that are not wanting to kill people.

I’ll take those odds.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. That's what I've instructed my kids. You are NEVER confrontational with a cop. You are polite and you do what you are told. Doesn't matter if they are an a$$, completely wrong, rude, whatever. You can't gain anything having that fight by the side of the road.

If it needs fought, fight it somewhere that you at least COULD prevail.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, most government websites are unuseable
Sounds good to me. Government employees doing the usual outstanding job they're known for.

Except cops. Cops are the exception, most of them function well and are a blessing to our community.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what it boils down to for me. I get the OP is upset about this and I can understand it. He feels strongly about this and wants this incident to be made right and doesn't want it to occur again. Fair enough.

What I'll never understand, especially with online discussions, is why people have to go full-retard? Why can't people have reasonable, rational discussions free from emotional hyperbole like the "average" cop will shoot someone over a made-up circumstance? And the doubling-down on stupid just goes on from there.

It's nearly impossible these days to have an adult, objective discussion about anything without someone ruining the entire discussion.
I like reasoned, objective discussion.

I am not inclined just to let it go because the deputies placed my son's very life in danger. He did not lose his head or his temper, but it would not be unexpected for any young man to do so! In this instance the deputies initiated and escalated a contact that simply had no reason to undertake it in the first place. The citizen going peacably about his business has every right to be left alone by agents of the government. Expressly the Fourth Amendment right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom