Warren Theater in Moore recently posted no guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears that in 2009, Cinemark Theaters were warned.. much like many of you have been recently warning the Warren Theater--- That Its “No CCW Policy” Created a “Gun-Free Killing Zone”. Glad Warren has listened to the warnings.

Cinemark Theaters Warned in 2009 That Its “No CCW Policy” Created a “Gun-Free Killing Zone”
July 22, 2012
By Don Zaidle

A number of pro-Second Amendment groups and individuals are pointing out that a mass shooting incident at a Cinemark movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, might have been stopped quickly if the company’s policy did not ban concealed-carry permit holders from lawfully carrying on the premises.

As far back as 2009, pro gun activists had made Cinemark management aware that their No Guns Policy was just creating a gun free zone where only the innocent and law-abiding would be unarmed.

Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. owns 459 theatres and 5181 screens in the U.S. and Latin America as of March 31, 2012. It also owns the Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, where 24-year-old James Holmes opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle in the theater packed with moviegoers watching the premiere of the latest Batman movie. The assault killed 12 and left 58 wounded.

More here…

http://www.fishgame.com/newsblog.php?p=10593

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A number of pro-Second Amendment groups and individuals are pointing out that a mass shooting incident at a Cinemark movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, might have been stopped quickly if the company’s policy did not ban concealed-carry permit holders from lawfully carrying on the premises.

A small, fine point needs to be made here (again): the posting of a sign does not immediately make it unlawful to carry on those posted premises. It depends on how state law treats those signs and that varies from state to state. In CO, the sign did NOT make carrying on the premises illegal but it would allow the management to remove any person caught carrying and give them a trespass warning where being caught again would be illegal. Move the same circumstances to KS and with the proper sign posted, it is immediately illegal to enter the posted premises with a concealed firearm, permit or not.

coveyjt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went this Friday and they had an "OPEN CARRY PROHIBITED ON THIS PROPERTY" sign posted. Been to the Warren since it opened. It had a no weapons sign up until the IMAX was built and they took them down. Either way doesn't matter to me, concealed is concealed. The only time I don't carry in there is if we go upstairs and I drink.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs still won't change anything for me no matter what it says. I have and always will CC at a theater. My gun and M&Ms

Kinda think it's funny how you got all high and mighty at the open carry association guy but you brag about how you are so willing to violate the rights and wishes of a private property owner. This kind of concealed is concealed thing and willingness to violate property owners rights while whining about those who want to do away with 2A rights make me want to puke. People with that attitude should be ashamed of themselves. They are the ones that make the rest of us look bad.

I'm not sayin'...... I'm just sayin'.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs still won't change anything for me no matter what it says. I have and always will CC at a theater. My gun and M&Ms

Even on the M&Ms thing. I know its a small thing and theatre food is overpriced. For instance, my family went to theatre today and gee, we survived 2 whole hours without food and soda. It's too expensive so we elect to not buy it rather than teaching my kids to be dishonest and go against the wishes of the property owner and smuggle outside food and drinks in. I guess I'm over-honest. Never taught my kids it was okay to lie about age to get kids pricing, don't smuggle stuff into theaters. Heck, we never lied about Santa etc. No need to teach them it's okay to lie about some things and cheat and trample rights of others if we don't want it to happen to us.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm happy that Warren was willing to allow concealed carry.. he just doesn't want open carry as it would upset some of his customers. If I open carry, I'll keep a light weight concealment vest in my vehicle. If I need to go into any place that posts no open carry, I'll just slip the vest on... no big deal.. I've been wearing a concealment vest or shirt for 17 yrs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom