Waterfowl hunting bag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The guys I hunt with all use blind bags, I use a folding stool that has a zipper bag underneath. We hunt a lot of different ponds and stay pretty mobile......and I got to have a place to sit down if we're not using layout blinds lol.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends if you’re walking a long way to a public spot or driving up to the bank and unloading there. I hunted many years in the Eufaula flooded timber and there’s some pretty good walks to some spots in there. If I’m walking a long ways I use a day pack because it’s stable and doesn’t slide around. Use a screw in peg and hang it from a tree. Nothing worse than fighting your bag while walking 3/4 in flooded timber. You’ll go for a swim because you’re focused on your bag instead of that stick lurking down low. Swimming in temps like today are no fun. Done it several times. If you’re unloading at the bank an ole bag will work. I prefer a blind bag because they have waterproof bottoms. I’ve really gone almost exclusively Cabela’s for all my hunting gear. Can’t beat the quality and the lifetime guarantee is awesome.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does everyone carry in their blind bag? I have never used one for waterfowling. A handful of my most frequently used loads go in the right wader jacket pocket....2nd choice loads go in the left. Calls around my neck. I'm good to go.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does everyone carry in their blind bag? I have never used one for waterfowling. A handful of my most frequently used loads go in the right wader jacket pocket....2nd choice loads go in the left. Calls around my neck. I'm good to go.
Shells, gloves, headlamp, chokes, choke wrench, batteries.
Stuff like that.

Sent via carrier pigeon

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score

My buddies with the blind bags carry shells, calls, snacks, gloves and not sure what else. In my folding stool, I carry a box of shells, jerk cord rig, folding saw, two lanyards and a dog leash. All that and it still weighs less than their blind bags and I've got a place to sit down lol. Snacks, headlamp and 10 shells stay in my jacket pocket.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddies with the blind bags carry shells, calls, snacks, gloves and not sure what else. In my folding stool, I carry a box of shells, jerk cord rig, folding saw, two lanyards and a dog leash. All that and it still weighs less than their blind bags and I've got a place to sit down lol. Snacks, headlamp and 10 shells stay in my jacket pocket.
What kind of seat do you carry?

Sent via carrier pigeon

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom