We all have good stories, let's hear em???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just laughing at something I was reflecting on earlier tonight, so it got me thinking.

What stories do you guys have about someone you know (hopefully not you personally) that own firearms and probably should not? I want to see if you have stories of anything crazy, like someone having accidental shooting, or leaving a gun somewhere in public. Anything that is funny, sad, or just plain stupid!

My story is from my days working at Brinks as an armored car driver (hated that job by the way). One of the ladies that worked for them, and they didn't have many women, went to the bathroom at a wal-mart and left her gun on the toilet paper holder. She left the store, went back to the truck and carried on with the rest of her day and NO ONE in the truck ever noticed until she got a call from the dispatcher telling her to call the BOSS! she called and he told her she needed to go back to the store and pick up her Smith&Wesson M&P .40cal that she left, but the good news was that a 6 year old boy found it and gave it to mommy!!! She promptly returned to pick it up, and went back to base, and was then promtly relieved of her duty! I about died when I heard the story, and long story short is that is one factor that made Wal-Mart choose Loomis armored for thier service very, very, shortly afterwards.

OUCH!!!! that had to hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
there used to be a guy on here named walpur6isknight (good friend of budman bill)til JP dropped the ban hammer on him.

anyway calls me up one day because of my connections to OCPD and say's "hey i accidently touched off my sp101 in my apartment and the police came and took it away from me,do you think you could help me get it back. so i go down to hq and meet with the captain and he tells me sure just tell walpur6isknight to be more carefull.

next day walpur6isknight calls me and say's it happened again think you can get my gun back ,umm your on own sorry

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be friends with a guy who almost blew my left leg off with a 12 gauge. We were out duck hunting on a lake and i was sitting on the bank while he was to my left fiddling with his gun. Well i hear the gun go off and my left ear starts ringing real bad, i look over and there is a hole in the gound about 8 inches to the left of my left leg. I stood up, and walked home and left him there. Never was around him with a gun again.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years agoI lived in Plainview Texas and had my FFL, I sold a .38 revolver to a guy who was a regular at my service station. He had me order him a used S&W model 10 and he bought a box of ammo at a cost of $160.00, He told me stories of what a good shot he had always been etc..., The very next day he brought it back and asked me if I would give him $80.00 for it cause he put one thru his shower door while sitting on the bed messing around with it. He lived in apartment with neighbors on both sides, I gave him the $80.00 more for their safety than anything else. Oh yea, he never talked guns with me again!!

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had multiple people (security) leave their weapons in various bathrooms when I worked at the FAA; one of which was our firearms instructor.

A little over a decade ago, a friend and myself went to H&H for one of their Sunday night after hours pistol shoots. We laid out stuff on one of their tables next to each other. I was shooting a Glock 17 and he was shooting a Glock 22. One of the courses of fire, my friend got about 7-8 rounds in and had a jam. He cleared it and made it another 4-5 before another jam. He cleared it and finished the course of fire. As they were scoring it, someone looked down and picked up one of his shells. A few guys stopped him and asked to see his gun. He had grabbed one of my magazines and ran it through his gun. Sending 9mm down a .40 S&W barrel made the shells balloon out perfectly about half way down the shell. Several people snatched up the shells for souvenirs. Looking back, I should have grabbed on myself because I don't have the guts to make any myself. Next round they made him show his magazine before he started. LOL Stupid mistake but it's good to know if the SHTF, you can throw about anything through a Glock and it will still function somewhat.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 70's one of the guys I ran around was named Bobby. Great guy who would do anything for ya but crazy as hell.
His nephew asked him to take him shooting as he had never shot a gun. So he and Bobby headed out to the country where Bobby knew of a couple of places to shoot, one being a tract of land with an abandoned barn on it. They walked around picking up things to use as targets....bottles, cans..etc and they used one side of the barn as a backstop.
Well, they commence firing, generally having a good time shooting Bobby's S&W 357 mag, and as Bobby told it, every now and then he would hear a metallic clang after a shot.
After they finished killing some cans and bottles they walked back to his truck, which, yes, was parked on the other side of the barn.
Yep.....they put about 15 holes in his truck. Rounds were going through that old barn and planting themselves in his truck.
I still get a chuckle to this day thinking about it.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
at OFAST last year they had a Stuart Tank. Well the operator of the tank was showing people how the coaxil .30 cal fired with an electrical trigger. When he pulled the trigger the gun fired once. While people were down range putting explosives on cars!!! The guy said "I dont know why it fired!" (he didnt check the chamber to see if it was empty) the guy was panicking and shaking because he thought they were going to arrest him (or take away his license). The range officers where really taring him a new one.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had multiple people (security) leave their weapons in various bathrooms when I worked at the FAA; one of which was our firearms instructor.

A little over a decade ago, a friend and myself went to H&H for one of their Sunday night after hours pistol shoots. We laid out stuff on one of their tables next to each other. I was shooting a Glock 17 and he was shooting a Glock 22. One of the courses of fire, my friend got about 7-8 rounds in and had a jam. He cleared it and made it another 4-5 before another jam. He cleared it and finished the course of fire. As they were scoring it, someone looked down and picked up one of his shells. A few guys stopped him and asked to see his gun. He had grabbed one of my magazines and ran it through his gun. Sending 9mm down a .40 S&W barrel made the shells balloon out perfectly about half way down the shell. Several people snatched up the shells for souvenirs. Looking back, I should have grabbed on myself because I don't have the guts to make any myself. Next round they made him show his magazine before he started. LOL Stupid mistake but it's good to know if the SHTF, you can throw about anything through a Glock and it will still function somewhat.

I got one from Heartland Outdoors a few weeks ago. PM if you want it.

P.S. its not mine I was shooting .38spl.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of those HR pardner 12ga single shot shotguns, that kick like a mule. Wel I was shooting with a buddy and fired off a few 2-3/4" shells. My buddy wanted to shoot it, sure, so I loaded him a 3" federal turkey mag and handed him the shotgun, he fired and spun around and down, turned back around and DAMN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? I was about on the ground laughing my ass off, I said that was one of my turkey loads, sorry about that. He said you turkey hunt with that load in this shotgun? Yup, he handed me back my shotgun and said now I know why folks call you crazy..LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom