Weapon mounted Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I just recently bought an Insight SSL-1 off the board. I plan on shooting with it attached to my G19 soon, haven't had the chance yet.

Have not compared it directly with other wml's yet, but I would like to. I wanted this one or the Streamlight TLR-1, but the deal came up on this one first.

I like the controls, and the attachment at this point. It does make the gun noticeably more muzzle heavy.

I'll get some pics up when I can.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the Streamlight M3X on my M&P. Fits good, functions good, super bright. I'd attach pics but Olyeller is working it over right now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The X300 is king and is priced accordingly. The Streamilght TLR series would be next. If it's just for home use, even an Insight Tech/Streamlight M3X would work fine and you can find those pretty cheap on the used market. I have a couple that have never failed, though they haven't been subjected to hard use.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, the weak link to any WML is the activation switch mechanism rather than the light.

Just about everyone makes an illumination tool that is acceptable but, so far, I've only found the Surefire DG switch to be acceptable for all the things I need a WML to do i.e. one-handed operation, doesn't alter shooting grip, doesn't impair other functioning.

I use the Surefire x300 personally but the think in terms of light quality only there are a lot of good choices on the market, but as I said I don't think anything approaches the DG switch in terms of utility.

Michael Brown

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For reference, I intend to use mine for nightstand duty only. I don't intend to ever carry with the light attached. I will shoot enough to verify function with the light attached, but I will not always shoot with it attached. Also, I paid less than $50 for mine.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For reference, I intend to use mine for nightstand duty only. I don't intend to ever carry with the light attached. I will shoot enough to verify function with the light attached, but I will not always shoot with it attached. Also, I paid less than $50 for mine.

Same here.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting another Raven Concealment holster with the light option but need to either get a light first OR get the holster and get the light I pick. Just wanted some opinions on whats good and what to stay away from. I've heard the added weight to the front helps with recoil(?) Anybody verify that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom