Weapon mounted Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PS... Hey Nate I have some BLACK shrink tube I put on mine if you need to borrow some lol.

Actually dude I took the picture after cutting off the black tubing I had on it. The DG switch that was damaged got that way with the black heatshrink on there because I couldn't tell the color difference between the heatshrink and the DG switch itself when the tubing was worn through. I'm hoping the red stuff will solve that problem.

It's almost like they want to have a better look at what their gun's pointed at before they put some permanent holes in it...weird.
I like you dude! We can be friends. :respect:

Ek

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's almost like they want to have a better look at what their gun's pointed at before they put some permanent holes in it...weird.

iv got one on a beretta 92 that i have by my bed for home, wouldnt ever carry one but ya if some one was to break in i would like to see it before i shoot it...:wink2:

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually dude I took the picture after cutting off the black tubing I had on it. The DG switch that was damaged got that way with the black heatshrink on there because I couldn't tell the color difference between the heatshrink and the DG switch itself when the tubing was worn through. I'm hoping the red stuff will solve that problem.

I like you dude! We can be friends. :respect:

Ek

Seeing what you might want to shoot is just tacticool BS.

Anyone who'd do that is just wannabe SAS.:bighug:

Michael Brown

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know Jeremy.... I have had several pistols with rails and I have NEVER stuck a light or a lazer on one. I think it is all a mental thing. People want to be all "tacticool" with all that gunk on their weapon and they forget that a light and or a lazer is beacon stright to where they are positioned. Just my opinion.

I won't be using this in a war zone, at least I hope not. More of a bedside light so I won't have to fumble with my SureFire G2.

Also been wanting to take a pistol class and hopefully that would lead to low-light/no-light training.

True. True.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be using this in a war zone, at least I hope not. More of a bedside light so I won't have to fumble with my SureFire G2.

Also been wanting to take a pistol class and hopefully that would lead to low-light/no-light training.

True. True.

Keep in mind that a weaponlight is exactly that. You probably ought to still have a hand held of some sort available.

Think of the difference between a search radar scanning a large area with a few thousand watts of energy and a target acquisition radar pumping out nearly a million watts of RF energy on a very narrow beam. Two different purposes...

The purpose of one is to help you find something, the purpose of the other is to, once you've found that something, light it's ass up so you can light it's ass up.

Ek

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a weaponlight is exactly that. You probably ought to still have a hand held of some sort available.
Think of the difference between a search radar scanning a large area with a few thousand watts of energy and a target acquisition radar pumping out nearly a million watts of RF energy on a very narrow beam. Two different purposes...

The purpose of one is to help you find something, the purpose of the other is to, once you've found that something, light it's ass up so you can light it's ass up.

Ek

So you like the "Two is one and one is none" philosophy too? Greedy guts! :D

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know Jeremy.... I have had several pistols with rails and I have NEVER stuck a light or a lazer on one. I think it is all a mental thing. People want to be all "tacticool" with all that gunk on their weapon and they forget that a light and or a lazer is beacon stright to where they are positioned. Just my opinion.

So do you just use "The Force" or what?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ek

Exactly. I only use my weapon light once i have found a target to engage or if I need to do one hand operations like open a door. Plus dominating a threat with a 200 lumen handheld and a 200 lumen weapon light really puts you at an advantage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom