Weaponlight mounting on AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a new surefire light for the AR. I have never owned a weaponlight before so I am a flashlight noob. How do you guys have yours mounted? For those that have a Vertical grip did you mount the tapeswitch on it? Its going on a Daniel Defense AR with the 12.0 fsp quadrail.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have gone to a pistol light mounted at 12 o'clock, in front of the front sight. With todays LED technology, there is no reason to deal with the weight and bulk of a traditional weapon light.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have gone to a pistol light mounted at 12 o'clock, in front of the front sight. With todays LED technology, there is no reason to deal with the weight and bulk of a traditional weapon light.

This is the optimal setup. Next would be a LED Scout Light if you needed a little more throw.

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The model is Surefire scout 600a, as far as the mount goes it is the one that comes with it. For now I mounted it at 12 o'clock in front of the sight post and will try that out for a bit.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The model is Surefire scout 600a, as far as the mount goes it is the one that comes with it. For now I mounted it at 12 o'clock in front of the sight post and will try that out for a bit.

I have a fixed FSB and mounted my 600a on a Midwest Industries FSB mount at 9:00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom